Water found in drivers side area under carpet
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Water found in drivers side area under carpet

Hi Guys

Advertisement

I was about to wash my gti 180 on saturday. On removing the drivers side mat I noticed two wet regions on it. Placing my hand on the areas to which this corresponds to in the carpet and sure enough it was quite wet. Dried it off a bit and noticed this morning that is is quite wet again which leads me to believe that there is a leak somewhere. This is the first time that it has happened to me. Note that I did a service about a week or so ago for the 20,000 kay mark so I am not sure if there is a link there. I have got the car booked in for next week. Lets see what they say.

Has this problem happened to any one else with a 206 before?
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

Where do you park? In a garage or out on the street?

Do the wet patches feel water wet or oily wet?

I'd be tepmted to lift the carpet up to see if it's coming from underneath, or at least elimitate that possibility.

Hope someone can give you a better idea!

Good luck!
    Nick
    You twist and turn like a twist-ey turn-ey thing! - Lord Melchett - Blackadder the 2nd

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Dr Nick

I park out onto the street. I got a silly idea that maybe it could be coming from the pollen filer area but hey what do I know. I'll see what the guys at peugeot say on tuesday
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

Fellow Frogger!

Hi

Have you checked the drain pipe for the aircon evaporator isn't blocked?

Its a black rubber pipe that comes of the side of the heater assembly & drains out the bottom of the car.

If the pipe gets blocked the condensation of the aircon evaporator cant take its normal escape route, So it just leaks out in to the footwell.
    2003 Pug 206 GLX TU3JP

Or it may be the heater matrix (it happend on my 205) so it may be that playing up. Althoughits a new car i doubt it.

CAm
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Default Coolant

Get brave and taste the water. If it's coolant you can't mistake it. Possibly the service included a coolant change?? Glycol has a nasty habit of finding the slightest flaw in a cooling system and making a dash for the outside. New coolant could do this. (I sincerely hope it's rainwater! Heater matrixes are extremely difficult and expensive to remove!)
    If you're interested in coolants go to http://www.discoveryauto.com.au/page4.htm
    Althought I wrote this article specifically for all-aluminium engines, it's very relevant to most modern Pugs.
    82 Peugeot 505 Turbo Diesel
    78 VW Golf diesel
    80 VW Golf diesel
    84 Nissan Patrol MQ diesel

Thread Information