n00b
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: n00b

  1. #1
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lonny
    Posts
    4

    Default n00b

    hey everyone! im a noob here and im looking at buying a 94 306 S16 from a dealer in my town! its real nice.. black, low kms - like 110k and in really good condition.
    the reason im looking at this is because my commodore has shat itself on me and i just want to get rid of it for something a bit more fun to drive.
    i got a few queries first though
    i know european cars are fairly expensive to maintain i just want to know, assuming this car is in good condition engine-wise. how much would i be looking at, to service it, put rubber on it and etc, say, annually. im only a student at the moment and dont want to be spending every cent on my car!
    thanks guys!

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Gone Fishin' Ray Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Burpengary and Murrumburrah, Qld and NSW
    Posts
    9,223

    Default

    Two questions... just to enable those with the experience to properly help you...

    1. How will you drive it?

    2. How much work do you do yourself?

  3. #3
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lonny
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    Two questions... just to enable those with the experience to properly help you...

    1. How will you drive it?
    well, generally just easy, but from time to time when someone pulls up next too me...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    2. How much work do you do yourself?
    i can change the oil and filters but thats about it..

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts CHRI'S16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edge00
    well, generally just easy, but from time to time when someone pulls up next too me...


    i can change the oil and filters but thats about it..
    Hi mate
    S16's aren't exactly drag cars... I owned for a little under 7 years and enhamced/modded what they already do well. HANDLING and FUN factor!.. They make a comfy day-to-day car, but can use a fair amount of fuel if the loud pedal is squeezed too much. They respond to a quality oil and can get exhaust problem and engine mount issues. Nothing terribly expensive, just MAKE SURE, the timming belt was done at 80,000Ks very important.
    The drive line and engine are actually bullet proof, and in 7 years the car only saw a tow truck once! because of an electical fault.. very reliable, lots of fun, but just keep up the TLC. - Chris

    ps An A1 low K S16 fetches about 14-15K.
    ... ptui!

  5. #5
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lonny
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHRI'S16
    Hi mate
    S16's aren't exactly drag cars... I owned for a little under 7 years and enhamced/modded what they already do well. HANDLING and FUN factor!.. They make a comfy day-to-day car, but can use a fair amount of fuel if the loud pedal is squeezed too much. They respond to a quality oil and can get exhaust problem and engine mount issues. Nothing terribly expensive, just MAKE SURE, the timming belt was done at 80,000Ks very important.
    The drive line and engine are actually bullet proof, and in 7 years the car only saw a tow truck once! because of an electical fault.. very reliable, lots of fun, but just keep up the TLC. - Chris

    ps An A1 low K S16 fetches about 14-15K.

    awesome thanks a lot chris, thats about the price this car has on it too!
    im going to take it for a drive in my lunch hour today!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •