HELP!!!! 505 SRDT Idler Gear & Bottom Crankshaft Gear
  • Register
  • Help

Icon5 HELP!!!! 505 SRDT Idler Gear & Bottom Crankshaft Gear

Hi there,

I'm having a bit of trouble getting my pug back on the road. It stopped on the Hume Freeway about 3 months ago and I'm trying to get it happening again. Does anyone know where I can locate what a mechanic has told me is an idler gear and bottom crankshaft gear for my 505 SRDT? I haven't seen where it comes from, but apparently it is from the front of the engine somewhere and the majority of the cogs have shaved off.

Advertisement

Also, does anyone know whether these parts would be exactly the same (or interchangable) from the GLD, GRD, GRD, SRD, GRDT or GTDT. I guess the question is, how different are the XD3, XD2 & XD3TE engines (turbo stuff aside)? If I bought a GRD, could I pull the gears out of that engine?

Please help. I can't watch this beautiful car go to heaven!!

Cheers and best regards, Steve.

If it's any help, I have a 504 diesel engine that's earmarked for stripping out. However, I can't access it for a few weeks, as I'm in Brisbane and it's at Murrumburrah.

Yeah thanks for your quick reply Ray. Really appreciated. I'll take some photos and get some dimensions so we can be sure it is the same part. Let me know what you want for your time and the parts.

Best regards, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by RASTEVE
    Hi there,

I'm having a bit of trouble getting my pug back on the road. It stopped on the Hume Freeway about 3 months ago and I'm trying to get it happening again. Does anyone know where I can locate what a mechanic has told me is an idler gear and bottom crankshaft gear for my 505 SRDT? I haven't seen where it comes from, but apparently it is from the front of the engine somewhere and the majority of the cogs have shaved off.

Also, does anyone know whether these parts would be exactly the same (or interchangable) from the GLD, GRD, GRD, SRD, GRDT or GTDT. I guess the question is, how different are the XD3, XD2 & XD3TE engines (turbo stuff aside)? If I bought a GRD, could I pull the gears out of that engine?

Please help. I can't watch this beautiful car go to heaven!!

Cheers and best regards, Steve.
    I have all the parts you need I think, I have a complete non going block, and head sitting in my shed. Get some pitures to me and we can see what we can do off an xd2s 82 SRDT motor
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by cruiserman
    I have all the parts you need I think, I have a complete non going block, and head sitting in my shed. Get some pitures to me and we can see what we can do off an xd2s 82 SRDT motor
    You guys rock!! I'll have the parts up early tomorrow morning I think with dimensions. Thanks again!!

Yeah, that's better... cruiserman only has to walk into the backyard to get at his stuff.

I have to drive 1201kms...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    Yeah, that's better... cruiserman only has to walk into the backyard to get at his stuff.

I have to drive 1201kms...
    Yeah but I have to fight through the [email protected] in the shed that has resulted from moving mum and dad from the house that they lived in for 38yrs man that is a lot of [email protected]
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Hey guys,

I got some pictures. If you can help me with these parts, that'd be great.

Let me know what you want for the parts.

Thanks again and cheers, Steve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HELP!!!! 505 SRDT Idler Gear & Bottom Crankshaft Gear-2-both-gears.jpg   HELP!!!! 505 SRDT Idler Gear & Bottom Crankshaft Gear-2-three-gear-reverse-side.jpg   HELP!!!! 505 SRDT Idler Gear & Bottom Crankshaft Gear-2-three-gear-front-side.jpg   HELP!!!! 505 SRDT Idler Gear & Bottom Crankshaft Gear-2-two-gear-front-side.jpg   HELP!!!! 505 SRDT Idler Gear & Bottom Crankshaft Gear-2-two-gear-side.jpg  

Give me a few days to dig it out and pull it apart. Many things happening at the moment. I am sure that off the same motor the parts will be the same, though hopefully in better nick than those, looks like a pensioners convention at bed time. All the teeth in the jar.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Thanks again

Default Idler gear...

Thanks again
    Rasteve,
    The chains must be looking a bit second hand if that's the condition of the sprocket gears!

Hey guys,

I got some pictures. If you can help me with these parts, that'd be great.

Let me know what you want for the parts.

Thanks again and cheers, Steve.
    I have been out and checked on my supply of unobtainium parts and have on the kitchen bench, (dont let SWMBO know this) I have the two gears you show in the picture, the chain, the tensioner and the pump gear, only the larger one is left as I need a wheel puller to persuade it to come off do you only want the two pictured of the whole set to keep them even. BTW Bosch pump or Rotodiesel? Call me on 0402316579 to arrange delivery etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HELP!!!! 505 SRDT Idler Gear & Bottom Crankshaft Gear-image_00005.jpg  
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Thread Information