From 307XS to 307 XSR Touring
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default From 307XS to 307 XSR Touring

Hi to all!

This is my first post, breaking the ice :-). I'm trading my 3yrs old 307XS for the new 307XSR Touring. I'm getting the car tomorrow ,very excited (will fit my sons bike :-), and I'll post some pics.

Cheers,
    Kasko

Advertisement

MrV

welcome to AF!

may i ask what made you go for the touring this time? just for the extra space?

and did you compare it with other wagons? if so, why go for the pug?

one last thing. was there any reason you didn't go for the 407 touring? price? looks? size?

oh yeah, and welcome to again

1998 D8 Blue Peugoet 406 Coupe
    1998 D8 Gold Peugeot 406 ST - Sold!
    1994 S2 Red Peugeot 405 Sri - Croaked

Petrol or diesel?

I'd like to hear what you think of it, as it's something I've been looking at.

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe

Tadpole

Thanks!

The PUG has always been in my family. The first love and above all has a soul, at lest for me and my family. We had a 307 XS for a 3 yrs, did around 45k and apart from software update didnít have any problems at all. The warranty expired and we need that extra space, around 180 L more. Weíve managed to get a good deal on this one, around 4G off the price, with some extras (eg. Factory inc. sun-roof, reverse parking sensors @ least my wife needs them and 5yrs or 170.000 km/h warranty.

We had a 407 ST HDi sedan test drive and first thing that strike me was luck of room at back seats. My 8yrs son noticed that the amount of space at the back is less then in 307. It was a different story with the 407 Touring. Very nice car with the heavy price tag. If was a diesel touring on offer (not yet in Australia) we might consider.

The other wagons we had in mind (in the price range of 407 touring) were a second-hand BMW 320 or Audi A4 Avant.

Itís 2.0L petrol 307 XSR Touring.

Kasko

MrV

yeah i sat in a 407 touring at Mildren's in Sydney. Very nice... My dad was impressed too. He really liked the 4-stalk lay out and the general dash layout as well. Rear seats i found surprisingly roomy whilst those in the back of the 307 touring were tight (i'm just over 6 ft). Certainly didn't have as much leg room as even my 405, which surprised me.

the reason i asked the 20 q's is that i'm trying to get my dad into a pug and unfortunately 407 touring is out of the price range (its a company car). he wants a wagon to carry around the dogs (two little ones in dog carriers) so i've got him looking at the 307 .

i think he likes it. the only thing that haunts me is the fact that from the back it looks so much like a corolla wagon which scares me because its whats 15k more... love the front, but the back of the touring could use some help i reckon... i mean, looking like a toyota!! Come on please give it some distinctness peugeot...

any other feedback you could add to help me convince my dad?

I believe that the 307's are getting a facelift a'la 407.

The 407's are a nice car. I'm still impressed with the one I took for a test drive.

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe

Quote Originally Posted by 2 pugs
    I believe that the 307's are getting a facelift a'la 407.

The 407's are a nice car. I'm still impressed with the one I took for a test drive.
    Yes, the 307 will get a 407 like nose, according to European reports.

If you want load capacity, a 307 is a logical choice. A 407 Touring is somewhat deficient in the load carrying department with 5 seats, considering its size.

Consider the load capacity with all seats of the two vehicles.

307 Touring: 520l
    407 Touring: 430l

Having said that, the 407 certainly feels more sophisticated - it's just disappointing that its load capacity is that much smaller, despite its increased bulk.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

MrV

isn't it the sloping back of the 407 touring that kills its capacity off a bit? certainly looking into the boot of the 407 looks smaller than into the 307. that said, i do like the general look of the 407 touring, except from the side in the ads is a bit strange to me. i wonder what the 307 will look like with a 407-ish nose? won't they make it the 308?

Tadpole

Here itís. Our new 307 SW . Bigger, more powerful (compared to our previous XS,pic attached), and to be honest much pleasant drive then hatch. If first impressions count, Iím generally impressed with the car. Itís more quiet car, the ride is smooth and they have fixed some minor problems (indicator problem) that I have in XS, which was bought in Januaryí02. One of the first to arrive. For MrV I know the corolla wagon is less but you can assure your dad that this car is simply an excellent a small to medium sized wagon. Pics attached

Kasko
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails From 307XS to 307 XSR Touring-307xs.jpg   From 307XS to 307 XSR Touring-307xsr1.jpg   From 307XS to 307 XSR Touring-307xsr2.jpg  

MrV

wow.. looks good from those angles!!

and i looooove the colour of your old 307 hatch... mmm nice

i so have to get him to get one so i can drive it

PS Is servicing in Sydney at Pug dealerships high & is it a hassle, compared to say Holden if you have any experience.... Did you get leather too?

Tadpole

I cannot compare to the Holden service but I can tell you that the PUG service is good but also more expensive compared for example to Ultra Tunes. If the car is under warranty you really need to do (by the book) service every 20.000 or 12 months. They recommend an intermediate visit every 10.000 but itís not compulsory. With my previous one I had two visits to the PUG service and when the warranty expired Iíve started to use the Ultra Tunes on every 10.000. Half the price and they carry the service by the book and they will also stamp it. By the PUG, if youíre using someone else during the warranty period to carry out your regular service you might void your warranty if anything goes wrong.

No leather option in SW L. Only in hatch.

Icon14 307XSR Touring

Congratulations on the new 307XSR Touring kasko!

'04 307 XSE Touring Auto - Diablo Red
    '06 206 C Auto - Diablo Red

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by MrV
    yeah i sat in a 407 touring at Mildren's in Sydney. Very nice... My dad was impressed too. He really liked the 4-stalk lay out and the general dash layout as well. Rear seats i found surprisingly roomy whilst those in the back of the 307 touring were tight (i'm just over 6 ft). Certainly didn't have as much leg room as even my 405, which surprised me.

the reason i asked the 20 q's is that i'm trying to get my dad into a pug and unfortunately 407 touring is out of the price range (its a company car). he wants a wagon to carry around the dogs (two little ones in dog carriers) so i've got him looking at the 307 .

i think he likes it. the only thing that haunts me is the fact that from the back it looks so much like a corolla wagon which scares me because its whats 15k more... love the front, but the back of the touring could use some help i reckon... i mean, looking like a toyota!! Come on please give it some distinctness peugeot...

any other feedback you could add to help me convince my dad?

Your Dad only has to sit in a corolla for a short time and he will be convinced that to spend a dollar is so much like worth it. I hired a corolla in King Is earlier this year and it scared the hell out of me. I nearly parked it in the bushes after feeling confident enough to go around a corner like my 307 HDI touring. 3 days of sitting in the Corolla made me appreciate the Pug's seats and safety and so on.

MrV

well i know they're good, and so do you

but i'm not the one with the money! shame really...

i'll keep the pressure up

will certainly have more character than a commie wagon!

while i'm here again, have you had any new owner 'niggles', kasko?? any recalls or cheap bits breaking or strange noises etc etc?

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by MrV
    well i know they're good, and so do you

but i'm not the one with the money! shame really...

i'll keep the pressure up

will certainly have more character than a commie wagon!

while i'm here again, have you had any new owner 'niggles', kasko?? any recalls or cheap bits breaking or strange noises etc etc?

Just getting the cruise to work till they got a software fix, speakers which buzz once the volume goes up a bit and few other petty items which distract you from an otherwise great little ecconomical car (HDI) have to go fast into corners to come out fastish. Oh yes have broken a few little plastic bits - glovebox catch and back parcel tray plastic bit (should not thump with hand too hard) but all replaced under warranty.

Thread Information