205 Intake
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 205 Intake

Fellow Frogger!

205 Intake

Anyone here have an aftermarket air filter, either DIY or premade one?

could you please post pics...i want to make one... wanting to see how different they can be...

Advertisement

thanks

theres a DIY solution on
    <a href="http://205gtidrivers.com/index2.html" target="_blank">205gtidrivers</a>
    click on articles and select from the bar on the left

Pugsly I don't have a digital camera but close u're eyes and imagine a 3 inch pipr coming out of the plennum with a k&n pod filter on it. The battery has been moved into the boot and the black box next to the passenger side head light moved to where the battery was. The cold air flows straight on to the filter and doesn't have far to travel before it's in the plennum chamber. It takes a bit of stuffing around and some 3 inch piping (which i got off a 405 diesel) but it made a bit difference to the stock hot air set up they put on.

Fellow Frogger!
    Moved the battery hey? I was wondering how people squeezed things in...is moving the battery a hard process? Any insurance implications?

Not hard at all. It's just a matter of pulling it out of the front bracket and installing a waterproof bracket at the back and re-connecting it. I got a battery box and put it in that. The whole this cost under $100. It gives u heaps more room to play with and makes life generally easier 4 the mechanic.

Don't ask the insurance question man coz the only thing they think i've done to my car is changed the wheels! Sshhh.

No need to move the battery for my K&N thingy. Had to reposition the black relay box and slide the battery back. Get a smaller battery instead.
    "Now my dream lies shattered like the shards of a broken dream"

Fellow Frogger!
    Warwick, would you be able to send me a pic of your setup?

I was considering getting the K&N 57i kit but my friend can't order it for me since Rocket industries don't stock them(they said 10 weeksto order!!). Instead he can get me just the K&N filter, hence i'm going the DIY route

Let me know and i'll pm you my email add

Thread Information