replacing head unit for 206
  • Register
  • Help

replacing head unit for 206

Is it possible to put a 3rd party unit in and still be able to use the steering wheel controls and keeping the display as well? i heard there's some adapters that will need to be fitted in, but its for certain products only. any ideas? also, any recommendations on good head units? thanks

Advertisement

If you really want to keep the extra controls, you can go to a good reputable dealer and ask for a head unit, specific to your needs but im very sure it will be a 1-off order.
    Also you could order a specific 206 unit from the UK- All should be good, however i was always in the knwoledge that radio stations are not 100% the same frequency range and can have ghosting problems and other nigglies, but a very reputable member here has corrected me and said that UK units work 100% here, no probs,... so thats a very considerable option too.
    You might have to do a net search or pick up a copy of MAX power, or something and invest a few minutes/dollars calling some UK shops. But i do know that good companies, like Alpine, Clarion, Pioneer and Blaupunkt do sell units for such cars. good luck - cheers chris.

ps, maybe some speakers too?
    ... ptui!

i currently changed mine, i've put a Kenwood one, and all it needed was a adapter and it was plug and play no cutting wires
    but to get the stalk working..it can be done, but a few things need to be changed, and really theres no point, u get a remote with a new headunit anyway... when i replaced mine, i didnt lose the fuel left and all the options up there except for the radio details...small price to pay for better quality...
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

Who makes the OEM deck on the 206? If it's the same as 307 it should be a Clarion, as such, you want to speak to either Clarion direct or a reputable installer to see if the Clarion deck will be compatible with the steering wheel mount.

I know the Xsara is compatible with Sony, so the steering wheel controls work on that deck.

Otherwise, Blaupunkt make a lot of OEM gear of very high quality and it may be worth calling them and asking. I would tend to go down the route of calling the various distributors to ask what can go into the 206 and keep the OEM controls.

And please let us know the results so other's know what to do! Cheers
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    or they could be eurovox like the 306's
    first thing i pulled out of the car
    then when i put the kenwood in i put in a signal booster on the antenna to try and improve the crappy 306 reception
    it made it a bit better
    next step is a longer antenna from a 405 to stick on it
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

went to autobarn today, told the guy what i wanted from a head unit, he told me that there's an adapter made by the company "stinger" which will allow the steering wheel control to be functioning with the new head unit (any brands). The adapter, however, hasn't been tested on pug 206, so there's no guarantee it will work. RRP is A$270. Hope this information will be useful.

So is the radio info lost on the display?

Cya Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

XTC
    STALLED:
    So is the radio info lost on the display?
    Cya Stalled
    Yep ... but as mentioned remote stalk adapters are available (Sony/Kenwood) .. mostly from the UK.

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

I've heard of people connecting Sony HU to the Multiplexed 206s with remote stalk functionality, and partial display on the trip computer.

I've tried getting an adaptor from a place in the UK called SeMe. The Pioneer adaptor that they sent didn't have the right connector for the P-Bus on the back of my Pioneer deck. Got a refund from them in the end which was good.

Try looking up <a href="http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk." target="_blank">www.peugeot206cc.co.uk.</a> A lot of members of this forum have installed aftermarket HUs.

Os

Thread Information