More 206 info
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: More 206 info

Tadpole

More 206 info

I have just come back from my local dealer with a new set of new light globes. they were about $19 each and are h7. They look fantastic on any 206 (gti has them)the only thing now is to get the gti headlamps wich are abpout $300 each and require different wiring cause they have two globes compared too one on the XT. My question is: Is it possible to get those headlamps cheaper, would any smash places or anything like that have them?

The other thing, the dealer said that it is very hard to get after market alloys for the 206 due to the unusual offset and the four bolts, instead of the common four. Is that true and if so where can i get wheels from?

p.s does anyone have any suggestions on what wheels look good on a 206?

Advertisement

yes, the offset for the 206 is a bit unusually, but it doesn't mean there's no aftermarket ones available.

the correct wheel fitment for the 206 is 4x108 with a offset of -25.

depends on the size of alloys that you are after (15 or 16 or 17in), 'Speedy' does have two models in 17in with the exact fitment size for the 206. I'm not sure whereabout are u in sydney, but you can go to Australia Best Tyres service at Lakemba to have a look. Then, you can try Bob-Jane T-mart, they've only got 16in for the 206. Then, you can try Tempe Tyres at Tempe, they have arround 4 styles to choose from (2 in chrome and 2 in silver). The prices range from $1500 - $1900 for a set of four including tyres (Falken brand).

If you go to other tyre shops, be careful of what they said; just tell them that you are looking for some alloys for the 206 and do they have any available, if they said 'yes', ask them about the fitment size (in particular the offset - don't tell them first, let them tell you). Last time, i went to this tyre shop, I asked the guy at the counter for alloys for the 206, he made 2 phone calls and came back to me saying that most of the alloys on display can be fit, then I asked him about the fitment size, he told me 4x108 with offset of -35. mallet

Also beware, alloys that fit other Peugeot doesn't meant that they will fit the 206. e.g. The 306 alloys have a different offset to 206. The 306 has an offset of -15 while 206 is -25. There are more choices in alloys for offset -15 than -25, usually by fitting a 10mm 'spacer' will fix the offset problem, however, 'spacer' is illegal in NSW, unless/maybe you can weld the spacer into the alloy and make it one piece.

cheers

Wil

buying 306 wheels and fitting a spacer wont work, that'll give you a 5mm offset.
    buying ford offset wheels and fitting a spacer will work though.

what size wheels are you after?
    you have to decide for yourself which style you like, there is alot out there.

Andreas

Tadpole
    Thanks for all the help guys.

As far as i know, the max i can fit into a 206 without any mods is 17". So i am after 17's. I do live in syney.

Thread Information