Peugeot Smell
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Peugeot Smell

Peugeot Smell

i know new cars are meant to smell,
    but when all u other drivers get ur new peugeot, is it meant to smell, and i mean da smell is realllly bad, like a sewer smell from da outside
    and if so, how long did it last for coz my peugeot reeks sometimes! lol dead

Advertisement
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

usually, it just the new car smell, shouldn't be as strong as sewer .......... you better open up your bonnet and you will probably find a dead cat that you ran over RIP in there.......... hehehe

the smell in my CC was gone in 2 weeks as i was opening my roof almost everyday.

Or try spray some air freshener in ur car, this should help as well. If it still smells, you should bring it back to the dealer and ask them to do a full detailing inside ur car.

Wil

the smell is actually outside around da car, not in da interior
    it smells totally weird, i think its coming out from da exhaust
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

Outside can sometimes just be the paint burning off exhaust parts or heat on the underbody sound insulation, anti-rust (Tectyl) can also take a while to settle down as far as smell goes but, if it simply smells like it's got real bad flatulence; in other words it farted eek! eek! then that is coming from the exhaust & can be a fault within the catalytic converter. They had a lot of problems with the early Nissan Skylines with this; don't know what they did to cure it apart from changing their diet

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Fellow Frogger!
    mr206,

It is most likely the dreaded unleaded rotten egg smell eek! (It might mean your cat is really converting and not there just hanging off the pipes like most of our cats in the older cars that have past there use by date)

Murat

Fellow Frogger!
    Sounds like you may of paid for an anti-corrosion treatment and the dealer has used fish oil. disappro smell should go in a month or so frown
    Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten!

My car's pretty normal, only a few days old.
    One thing I noticed is that the interior smell isn't as strong as in other brand new cars that I've experienced.

Got some Peugeot plastic protectant, and wonders of wonders, it has some perfume added to it (not that great, but heck, it's the French who add vanilla fragrance to diesel (so I read)).

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Thread Information