505 Bosch LE2 Jetronic
  • Register
  • Help
    JVB
    Tadpole

505 Bosch LE2 Jetronic

My '88 505GTI manual wagon likes a drink, of fuel that is. It goes about 8km then demands another litre of the stuff.

It also seems to adjust the idle mixture to rich by itself, although I have yet to check the air-cleaner which may be clogged. I've leaned off the mixture about a turn and a half with a much improved idle (no hunting). Cold starting takes about 5 turns rather than 3 now.

Is 8km/l about right for one of these, or are there some tricks to be learned?

Advertisement

Hi JVB,

I have a series 1 505 GTi which I think has a slightly different fuel injection setup, but all fuel injected 505s were essentially thirsty for a 4 cylinder car. I think 8km/litre is a reasonable fuel consumption figure, I'm usually getting around 7.5km from each litre.

A past thread discussed 505 fuel consumption figures, which might be helpful:

<a href="http://www.aussiefrogs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000745" target="_blank">http://www.aussiefrogs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000745</a>

Sorry I can't really advise on adjusting the idle mixture, I've never touched mine...

Cheers,
    Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

Sorry but isn't that the same injection as the 205gti is it the 1.9L? Coz i get about 10 to 9 k's per L. and ur car should be heavier.
    205 GTi (S2 ) rolled

'96 306XR "Sex" Black

Thread Information