Just me (seriously) or is Regan Motors expensive?
  • Register
  • Help

Just me (seriously) or is Regan Motors expensive?

Rang regan motors for a price on a 205gti '90 right drive shaft seal. $40.

Rang my grandpa to see if he could get it wholesale non peugeot $5. yes five

The seal i have is small. It goes back alone the driveshaft about 6 or 7mm. Haven't tried to put it on yet, did i get the wrong part. it doesn't say 205 on it but it says citroen/pug. Part is packaged as "CONTECO"

Advertisement

edit: Thanks to anyone who could possibly help with such an ambiguous question.

<small>[ 25 September 2003, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: two-oh-philic ]</small>
    205 GTi (S2 ) rolled

'96 306XR "Sex" Black

The replacements from GSF/Andyspares are shown in their catalogue as part no: T31172 for one side and T31170 the other.
    If these are the same as Citroen ones, they should have a white plastic looking centre piece for the drive shaft to pass through. This is there to help prevent damage to the seal when the driveshaft is being refitted.
    For the record, the price quoted in the UK is about GBP 2.75 or about $8 so if you can buy it at trade I'd say $5 would be pretty close. Chances are those in the know would just take the original down to somewhere like Bearing Service and get it matched up.
    The plastic protector whilst being handy, is still not essential if you're careful when fitting.
    Now you know why I buy little or nothing off dealers. deal mallet

Alan S 2_cents
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

nJm
    Some things at Regans is well priced for my 505, but I often go to European Imports or Caravelle if I want something simple like a purflux filter. Definately cheaper. I think being a PCCV memeber gets you discounts at those places to?
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

I've found Regans to be average in their pricing of certain things. When buying new items, like my rear brake compensator, Regans' prices seem to be close if not the same as other places I call, including EAI.

On the other hand, some parts I couldn't get anywhere else were ridiculously expensive - the yellow plastic in-tank fuel filter to replace the stuffed in-tank pre-pump was around $90 (the filter is a piece of plastic that would have cost no more than $2 to produce...).

Cheers,
    Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

Thread Information