Aftermarket Alarms
  • Register
  • Help

Aftermarket Alarms

any1 fitted a aftermarket alarm on a new peugeot....how do they make it work with the existing central locking etc? im a bit confused

Advertisement
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

Fellow Frogger!
    Not sure about pugs, but with some other cars i have had alarms/remote central locking installed in, if you have a button that locks/unlocks you doors inside the car, then it is fairly straight forward. However if the central locking only works when you open your door with the key, you need to install a central locking motor, i think thats what its called, they are about $100 or so, and any electronics shop that sells alarms will be able to help you.

The other thing to be careful of, is this situation:
    I put an alrm in my car it cost me $800, had every bell and whistle you could imagine, but after 2 years, the remote stuffed up, when i did some investigating, i found out that you can no longer get these remotes. I now have an $800 alarm that is useless. My advice, make sure you buy a spare remote!!!
    anyway thats my 2_cents worth
    Adrian Colman
    Peugeot
    "Anything else is a Compromise!"

MR206:
    any1 fitted a aftermarket alarm on a new peugeot....how do they make it work with the existing central locking etc? im a bit confused
    Yes and no, some models do some don't. Basically without having to cut into the wiring harness it's very hard to make it work with the Pug central locking, i have done 3 now and i always make sure that the owner understands that the pug key will still have to do the doors, the central locking control, (on a 306, is under the rear seat), is not straight foward logic and i haven't had the chance to open it up and stick it under an scope....
    so in short unless you REALLY know what you are doing leave it to the pro's. I used to install stereo's and alarm's but i aint going back. cheers Xq

ps, in the UK they sell upgrades to the current system, or good companies such as TOAD or Clifford sell inline interogation modules.
    ... ptui!

i have a Viper 550 with remote start.... it unlocks and lock the car's central locking fine.... works a treat. also got a few extra sensors put on...

Xsara:
    i have a Viper 550 with remote start.... it unlocks and lock the car's central locking fine.... works a treat. also got a few extra sensors put on...
    Xsara, did you install it? if so do you have a schematic and logic diagram for the controller?, they are probably the same as Pug ones, if i can get my hands on it i could fix up my one too. cheers Xq
    ... ptui!

i dind't install the alarm... so i dont know much about that technical stuff you just said.... sorry

mallet

XTC
    xqisid:
    Yes and no, some models do some don't. Basically without having to cut into the wiring harness it's very hard to make it work with the Pug central locking
    With the new muxed pugs it's practically impossible, the genuine alarm works with all the sensors (bonnet, doors, boot, and ultrasonic) and the central locking. Whilst it may seem an expensive option (mine cost about $850 installed) ... it's much easier in the long run - hopefully a software upgrade some time in the future will give the option of the windows going up when setting the alarm.

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

XTC206
    [QBhopefully a software upgrade some time in the future will give the option of the windows going up when setting the alarm.

- XTC206 -[/QB]
    My flatmate's 307 XSi is the same, it won't do the windows. Shame really
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

If he holds the lock button on the key for a few seconds, the car will shut windows and sunroof - alarm or no alarm.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Pug307:
    If he holds the lock button on the key for a few seconds, the car will shut windows and sunroof - alarm or no alarm.
    is that possible to do on the 206 too?
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

XTC
    MR206:
    is that possible to do on the 206 too?
    Not on mine, even though electronically it's not real different to Pug307's 307.

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Unfortunately the 206 doesn't do it. It's a good trick that most people are unaware of. I first discovered it on the Ford Mondeo when in NZ, however on the Mondeo, you can also put the windows down too using the unlock button.

Electronically, there are many similarities, especially if you've seen a BSI config. Unfortunately, it means the cars have the COM2000 too.
    <a href="http://users.tpg.com.au/users/reniel/workshop/wshtml/diagnost/config/206conf/206conf.htm" target="_blank">206 XT sample BSI config</a>. Pity they put minimum lighting on the 206's headunit - it's much easier to see the 307's in daylight.

All this software makes features so easy to add for next to zero cost, such as a trip computer or cruise control - just find a lump of plastic (a stalk) to plug into the famed COM2000.

There have been many updates via software. One thing I've noticed is that in later 307s, when you open the door (as in the 206s), the STOP light flashes, but this doesn't happen in the earlier cars. This is something that you could easily do via software.

Cheers,

Justin

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

XTC
    Pug307:
    Electronically, there are many similarities, especially if you've seen a BSI config. Unfortunately, it means the cars have the COM2000 too.

Pity they put minimum lighting on the 206's headunit - it's much easier to see the 307's in daylight.
    Intersting they have an excess speed function alert .. that'd piss me off ! As for the lighting it's fine, I rarely, if ever, look at the head unit .. only the display.

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

XTC206:
    Intersting they have an excess speed function alert .. that'd piss me off !
    And it stars in the 206's cousin, the C3

Initially I found it somewhat hard to use - as you have to trigger the system by pressing the button at the speed at which you want to have the speed warning. The system in Commodores and Magnas is easier to use IMHO, as you can view the speed set in the speed warning unit.

But you know, in a state with Victoria, where you can sneeze and be well over the 3km/h tolerance, it might be useful.

I wonder what driving school mode does to the car

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

XTC
    Pug307:
    But you know, in a state with Victoria, where you can sneeze and be well over the 3km/h tolerance, it might be useful.
    You'd be setting it 55kph .. at least radar detectors are still legal here .. govt have been saying for the last 5 years they would be banned - but still OK to have them. I guess it's help that ex-transport minister was caught doing 96 in a 60 zone (and been suspened for drink driving !!)

- XTC206 -

What about these 2 way radios ... they are not mobile phones - but they can be used to avoid potential speed fines - how does the law in Vic see this ?

Now this is a .sig

Fellow Frogger!
    I have a Cyclops alarm with every bell and whistle fitted on my 205, the key pad for the alarm open and shuts everything. It sounds more complicated on the newer pugs though I know that people installing Cyclops have installed these on 206's and 307's as there is a Cyclops dealer next door to the Pug dealer here in Adelaide.
    On a side note, if your remote does not work any longer you can buy programmable one's from Jaycar that should work with nearly all alarms.
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Has anyone had any experience with the alarms you get from Jaycar for about $200? I want to make anyone think twice about taking my 403 (they would think 3 times at the moment, but just wait until it gets resprayed!).
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Thread Information