306 s16 - brake pads
  • Register
  • Help

306 s16 - brake pads

The scenario is; 306 s16 used as daily driver, very frequelty pushed to limits hence requires means of stopping effectively.

In all seriousness I'm interested to know what other people are using in concerns to brake pads. I've recently replaced the front discs and should have done the pads at the same time but didn't so now I'm in the market for new pads.

Advertisement

So what's the go? strengths? weaknesses? rough prices? etc.

thanks in advance.
    FOR SALE 1995 PEUGEOT 306S16

Lol, I feel like I am following you around this forum mallet

Yo will find the majority of people who buy aftermarket pads choose EBC as they are readily avaiable and quite reasonably priced. Some people also swear by the Lucas pads but with slotted/drilled brake disks. Personally I HATE dirty wheels and the Lucas pads are renound for thier filthyness. The EBC range uses no carbon, a major source of dirt.

In the EBC range, you can either choose the Blacks, which are designed as a OEM replacment pad with good initial bit and little dust, or EBC Greens, which are designed for more harder street driving and track work. They don't have the cold bight of the Blacks but work better when heated up and are less prone to fad at high temps.

With rotors, both EBC and DBA made both smooth/vented disks and slotted/vented disks with the EBC's also having dimples on them which although they are not what is usually thought of as cross-drilling as they do not go all the way through, rather just are small 'dimples' in the surface to help remove gas and glazing.

I went the DBA's as they were significantly cheaper at $300 delivered as opposed to $450 delivered for the EBC Trackday slotted.

Take a look at this thread for discussions before I bough the DBA's.
    <a href="http://www.aussiefrogs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000372" target="_blank">http://www.aussiefrogs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000372</a>

I want to point out though that both the DBA and EBC's give out a humming noise when any reasonable amount of presure is put on the pedal, though it's not intrusive, just 'reassuring' for me.
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Thread Information