SRDTs Vacuum Pumps
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default SRDTs Vacuum Pumps

Interesting post over in the Technical forum ref failing vacuum pumps on 405 srdt engines.

Since I am about to do a timing belt change on mine, is there any ideas on how to determine if the pump is requiring replacement?

Advertisement
    Cheers,
    Brodie

'78 604 SL (LPG) ...........for sale ..sold
    '81 604 SL (spares) .......for sale ..sold
    '85 505 GTi ..................for sale ..sold
    '94 405 SRDT............... for sale ..sold
    '07 307 HDi hatch
    '07 307 HDi Wagon

Default SRDTS Vacuum pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Shields
    Interesting post over in the Technical forum ref failing vacuum pumps on 405 srdt engines.

Since I am about to do a timing belt change on mine, is there any ideas on how to determine if the pump is requiring replacement?
    BS,
    Do your brakes feel as good as they always have? Yes? Don't worry about your vac. pump. x 25.

Fellow Frogger!

Icon7

Hi Wildebeest,

Read the post (405 SRDT engine) in the Technical forum.

The topic posed will not be resolved by a gut feeling as to how your brakes "feel". The vacuum pump bearings can be more than half way to failing (& seizure), yet the extra rotational power to overcome this will be simply supplied by the engine.

As mentioned in that post, I was looking for any other experiences with SRDT owners to confirm, or not, that this incident (cam shaft breaking) is a known incident. So, a noisy (squeeking etc) vacuum pump would be a primary indicator that all is not well!!

Has any SRDT owner replaced the vacuum pump due to a malfunction? If so, what was the malfunction, and at what km's did the failure occur?

Cheers,
    Kim.

Thread Information