Has any1 seen this? The GTi 180 (RC) is in Aus'
  • Register
  • Help

Has any1 seen this? The GTi 180 (RC) is in Aus'

Earlier this year two RC's were here in Sydney to be shot for a European ad.

anyway, look at the shots and the story here:
    <a href="http://www.206gti.net/oz180/" target="_blank">206gti.net "French GTI180s Visit Oz "</a>

Advertisement

for those of you who frequent this site and have seen the story already, my apologies wink I was just searching and found it. even if it is a little outdated now.
    I eageraly await the GTi180 wink I think the dealers will have them as of OCtober? is that correct? I rember the 1999 Sydney motorshow showcased the 206's for the first time and 2 weeks later the dealears had them....then 3 weeks later I bought one wink I pla on doing the saem with the 180!
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

OK, Since I havn't been a member here too long, I figure this link would have been posted in this forum before wink

oh well. It's new to me atleast wink

my apologies
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

XTC
    n b j:
    I rember the 1999 Sydney motorshow showcased the 206's for the first time and 2 weeks later the dealears had them....then 3 weeks later I bought one wink I pla on doing the saem with the 180!
    Join the queue ... there is *supposed* to be 100 206GTi180's arriving in Nov/Dec, I believe Peugeot Aust has a waiting list that will be filled first, based on deposits that are over 12 months waiting in some cases.

XTC206
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Fellow Frogger!
    Here's a review on the 180, they reckon it's not as good as the 205. Hopefully its more reliable..
    <a href="http://www.channel4.com/apps26/4car/jsp/main.jsp?lnk=220&pageid=5458" target="_blank">Gti 180 review.</a>
    Peugeot
    "Anything else is a Compromise!"

Fellow Frogger!
    If i ordered one with with a clause in the contract it had to be MY04 when would i most likely be able to take delivery?

XTC
    LeighO:
    If i ordered one with with a clause in the contract it had to be MY04 when would i most likely be able to take delivery?
    No one knows .. reports on GTi and GTI180 numbers in 2004 vary as much as the weather in Melbourne on a single day - but they are hoping to keep both GTi's with about a 60/40 split .. much like the 206cc 1.6ltr vs 2.0ltr. Time will tell, if you seriously want one I'd have your name down now.

XTC206

Now this is a .sig

Any particular reason you want MY04? The only reason I can think is that you don't want a car in its first year of production - but the 206 has been built for quite some time, and the only thing remotely new about the GTi180 is the engine. The 206 has been out for 5 years now and they're not really going to get much better at screwing it together after so many years (though it'd be great if they could).

Peugeot don't really seem to care much about model years. Generally speaking, not a lot happens between updates (eg. 306 N3 to N5). They might change a trim colour or something.

About the only notable model year issue I've come across is the 206's change to multiplexing.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

XTC
    Pug307:
    About the only notable model year issue I've come across is the 206's change to multiplexing.
    The facelifted 206's should all have colour coded bumpers and other goodies in late 2003/04 - not just the GTi180.

XTC206

Now this is a .sig

They're going to have the big silver lion on the rear now, like the GTi180 right?

I wonder if there will be an update for the 206 beyond cosmetic surgery - something like a N3 to N5 equivalent update? What would be the equivalent - T1 to T3? I'm sure the internet geeks would like that!

When you think about it, the 206 has actually survived quite a long time without any major updates. It was about 4 years for the 306 to go from N3 to N5 and 2 years (3?) for the 406 to go from D8 to D9.

But hey, if they want to improve NVH and put in some respectable plastics - go for it! Then again, the C3 was only recently released and its plastics aren't exactly Audi league frown

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Fellow Frogger!
    I just figure an 04 year will be worth more than an 03 year when it comes time to sell. I suspect that all of this year's lot are allocated anyway - which brings me to the problem of not being able to test drive one frown

1000+ Posts
    Sorry guys but i cant see what all the excitement is about after all its only got a few more bhp than a Clio Sports and the reviews [even in Uk]
    havent been exactly good.
    This should have been out years ago as now even the Corolla has got 141 kw and at $5k cheaper.

My 2 cents worth + gst, jr
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Fellow Frogger!
    jr20516v:
    Sorry guys but i cant see what all the excitement is about after all its only got a few more bhp than a Clio Sports and the reviews [even in Uk]
    havent been exactly good.
    This should have been out years ago as now even the Corolla has got 141 kw and at $5k cheaper.

My 2 cents worth + gst, jr
    Because magazines need things to say and they are all saying the same thing: its no 205. boo hoo. Don't fall into the trap of 'trainspotting' and judge cars by what a journalist thinks.

I want the 180 because it looks great and goes very fast. The corolla might have 141kw, but you have to rev the t*ts off it to get there and it will only just keep up with the current GTI if driven well. Toyota also plan on selling something like 15,000 a year - so everyone will have one. They also LOOK $5k cheaper, come in 5 door only and resembe a breadvan roll_lau

Not having a go here or anything. I just feel we need to loosen up a bit more and care less about numbers and more about the emotiveness and joy we get out of our cars. What is in a few Kw extra/less? nothing, really - it depends on so many other factors that determine whether a car is 'faster' or not. In fact, the biggest factor that will determine this is the driver! (ok well hot-hatch wise anyway hehe)

nJm
    jr20516v:

Ah yes, the 'sportivo' roll_lau . I read a review in MOTOR which stated the Camry has better chassis control and cornering limits than the Corolla 'sportivo'. What a lame name as well! It sounds like they diluted the sport and replaced the caffeine with fatty yoghurt (yes, I know, what amazing imagery tongue ) approve roll_lau
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

XTC
    Pug307:
    They're going to have the big silver lion on the rear now, like the GTi180 right?
    That's what I've seen ... great another HUGE logo for crims to screwdriver off (they'll probably think it's a Holden).

XTC206

Now this is a .sig

nJm:
    Ah yes, the 'sportivo' roll_lau . I read a review in MOTOR which stated the Camry has better chassis control and cornering limits than the Corolla 'sportivo'. What a lame name as well! It sounds like they diluted the sport and replaced the caffeine with fatty yoghurt (yes, I know, what amazing imagery tongue ) approve roll_lau
    Yes, Sportivo goes down as one of the wankiest car names in my books

The current Corolla is a much better drive than previous models, but it's no sports car. The 307's a better handling car for sure.

Although I'd have to concede, the Corolla is a smoother riding car in the city.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Tadpole
    n b j:
    Earlier this year two RC's were here in Sydney to be shot for a European ad.

anyway, look at the shots and the story here:
    <a href="http://www.206gti.net/oz180/" target="_blank">206gti.net "French GTI180s Visit Oz "</a>

for those of you who frequent this site and have seen the story already, my apologies wink
    Gee, the guy that took these photos is a really good bloke

XTC
    Simon Craig:
    I'd say one exceptional human being, who caused a bit of consternation for Pug Australia

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Yeah, I wonder who that could have been? Oh look, he even has the same name as you. What an amazing coincidence.

Thread Information