307 STOP Light?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: 307 STOP Light?

307 STOP Light?

Is it normal for the 307 STOP light to flash and beep a couple times on start up? It goes out after a couple beeps, but that just doesn't seem normal...

Advertisement

Woo hoo! 901 posts!
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

mine only flashes and beeps if i start and one of my doors are open? so i dunno
    should be similar to the 206
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

I think ours does that.

Have you broken the indicator stalk yet? It's not hard.

nearly!
    - Lincoln

Broken indicator
    Graunching brakes
    Squeeky belts
    Groaning front suspension

....our car has it all!!

are we ready to pan, brenno?
    - Lincoln

I'm going outside to hug my 306 one more before I go to bed. Stupid 307 took the spot in the garage.

roll_lau

As I said before, I was sad to see the RAV go. That's a bit sad, really.

I've bitched before how Motor, et al, keep comparing 307 with 306 and 206 with 205, but I GET it now. It's because the new stuff is so...utterly...ordinary!
    - Lincoln

1000+ Posts
    So who broke it?
    I thought the stalk was the same as the one in the 206 and C3?

I'm telling the absolute truth here.

My dads 5 year old auto non-turbo Saab 9-3 is a more enjoyable drive.

Peugeot are no doubt looking forward to their new customer base, but they are going to have to say g'bye to a few old fans.

Derek, they're really flimsy and appear to get caught on something easily. It feels like it'd snap out quite easily. I'm assuming this is what happened to Brenno, and will happen to the XSi soon.
    - Lincoln

I don't know what happened to ours. Maybe it happened when I was driving or someone else was. The indicator will come on now when you go over a bump in the road. The self cancelling feature doesn't work. It is sometimes hard to cancel them manually.

By the sounds of it, the problem is reasonably common.

Is it just me, or does the 307 have a very responsive turn in and then just start understeering on you? It's like it's telling you that it can go in nice and hard and then just bails on you! It's a bit disconcerting.

Then there's the vague clutch, unresponsive throttle, sluggish engine, mushy brakes, and there's just way too much room inside that car. It's completely unnecessary. I don't need half a foot above my head, even with a sunroof!
    - Lincoln

rek
    roll_lau For some reason a part of me is finding this thread quite amusing

The other part is telling me to buy ALL the 306s that people are trying in vain to sell here, just so I have a lifetime supply :p
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

STOP normally doesn't flash after starting - perhaps its low oil pressure. It's happened to me on a handful of times, but it goes away within a few seconds.

The stalks are infamous. The manufacturer actually collapsed You'll find these stalks in C3s, C5s, Xsaras, 206s, 406s, 807s, bla bla. Actually, the only current Peugeot I've seen that doesn't use them is the 607, which uses the old stalks (well, the car at this year's Motorshow did - maybe it was an old car, seeing they aren't actually moving any).

Brenno, you sound like you have a normal 307. To be honest, the noisy brakes issue seems to affect the current range, they complain about it on the 206 list. For all their noise though, they do work.

Lincoln,

Interesting you don't like the brakes. IMHO, that's the main dynamic improvement over the 306.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Rek, we serve to amuse. We're far from taking anything TOO seriously! and YES, the 306 is a top car, I'd recommend stock piling them. Or just get a Focus instead :p

Justin, I'll have to really test the brakes out again. The whole car lacks feel.

I'm not quite ready to pan yet...so far I'm not impressed, but Brenno seems to keen to cut loose...

I feel like the guys here who harp on about the good ol' days of RWD Pugs... I rememeber the days when a Peugeot had communication, feeling, handling, responsiveness...
    - Lincoln

I guess it is abit like comparing the 205GTi to the 206GTi. Sure the 205GTi has all that raw old car feel to it and handles great, good driving possie, sounds good and drives like a dream and the 206 is a lot more modern and maybe less feel from the steering wheel through to the wheels, but it still is a great little GTi and once used to it, it proves to be a great little upgrade to the 205GTi. I have driven both cars and I prefer the 206GTi, not that I am biast because I own a 206XR but I think peugeot didnt let us down at all with the 206GTi and I think the GTi180 will go one step further by proving to us that they can improve on the 205GTi.

I don't know about the case of the 307, I mean it is a much bigger car then the 306...but then again the 206 is much bigger then the 205. I mean the introduction of FWD Peugeot's proved to be very sucessful, so maybe new shapes and bigger cars is the next step for them, and I guess they know what they are doing, I mean they still have the rally background and they will still have to have a WRC based on a recent model road going version. So have faith that Peugeot know what they are doing.

I have driven a 306XT and liked it, but I do prefer my 206XR to the 306, am yet to drive a 307 though

Anyway anough of my rant, I am at work, waiting for a new brief and I am bored wink lol
    cry

<small>[ 27 June 2003, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: n b j ]</small>
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

The difference though is there was a SIGNIFICANT gap between 205 and 206. The 106 and 306 came out as the replacement to 205, and the 2 sized car was phased out for quite a few years. The 307 is a direct replacement for 306.
    - Lincoln

The 106 is a great little pug!

I would love to dirve one, wish they were sold here in Aus' frown
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

I think the 206 is a fair replacement for the 205.

The 306 has gone from a sporty hatch, to a bloated cruiser.
    - Lincoln

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    i'll stand by what i have been saying for a long time now and that is the last pugs were the 06 series
    anything after that is not pug
    i have heard so many stories and heard so many complain about the 307 that i am glad that i have the 306
    when i first saw a 307 i thought it looked horrible and people said it will grow on you
    no uh warts grow on you not cars lol

i just can't understand why peugeot have gone downhill so much after the 06 series

maybe the bigger 07's might be different but i still don't like them

bring back the real pugs i say
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Tadpole
    Hi all,

on the 'stop' sign, mine flashes on when I start the car for about 2 seconds then goes out along with all other warning lights.
    On the general negativity towards 307's, I'm thrilled with mine, apart from the standard COM2000 problem we all know and love. After 7000 km's, then engine's loosening up nicely. Ride comfort walks all over Golf, and I've found it handles very neutrally and securely compared to most other cars I've driven. Interior room also is a vast improvement over Golf. The only thing I wish for is the 2.0 l engine in XS spec - would have paid $1000 more if available, I can turn on wipers and lights all by myself...
    307 XS auto

No doubt it's better than Golf. I had a Mark IV Golf GTI and it is a better car.
    - Lincoln

my friend hads a 307 and he does not like it that much,he aslo nearly broke the indicator,and few other things,i told him to drive my 306 and see if he like it, and he loves it he wants to sell hes 307 and get are 306
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

macquered:
    I think ours does that.

Have you broken the indicator stalk yet? It's not hard.
    Is this still a problem? You'd think that after all this time Peugeot would have fixed the problem by now.

This is the same stalk system that they use on the 206,C3 and latest Xsaras isn't it? I wonder if those cars have had the same problem.

Troy.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information