Reliable Pug/French mechanic in Darwin??
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Reliable Pug/French mechanic in Darwin??

I have been asked this question a few times by customers, and i was also asked by a very respected member of the Pug community as well.

Advertisement

So, has anyone had dealings with a good mechanic in Darwin, that can reliably work on Pugs...

Cheers
    Adrian
    Peugeot
    "Anything else is a Compromise!"

Do we have any Aussiefroggers in Darwin or the NT?

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Don't know about Darwin , Adrian, but there certainly weren't any in Alice Springs when I lived there many years ago. Whenever I took my 403 to any of the garages up there I used to end up having to redo the job myself afterwards!

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 4008 2016Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, (deadish), - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 406 ST 1997, 307 XSE, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

Tadpole
    Darwin calling - its certainly not a good spot to own a peugeot let alone several 505's and a 504 or two. Darwin doesn't even have a dealership although Port Darwin Motors held it for years back in the 90's and before. I believe moves are afoot to get one but the signs haven't gone up yet.

As to mechanics - I can recommend Sam Moffit out at Knuckeys Lagoons who now runs his own backyard business but was previously employed by the aforementioned Port Darwin Motors ( and hence cut his teeth on pugs, jags, range rovers and their ilk). Sam's main frustrations (as mine have been also) are in sourcing parts at reasonable cost but more importantly within a reasonable timeframe.

Thread Information