theft of an MI16 - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I don't trust anyone

I just take the rotor out

Advertisement

Extreme i know. Hopefully not doing to much damage.

If they want the car, they have to earn the right

James

<small>[ 14 August 2003, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Shobbz ]</small>
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

I onced cruised to my mates house and 10 meters before pulling up, I pulled out the key, I steered down his drive, the steering wheel locked and my brakes didn't work (without the ignition) Luckily the handbrake saved me before I collected his retaining wall whistle My pug stayed scratch free and I learnt a valuable lesson!
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

The brakes didn't work?

Of course they worked, you just needed a bit of muscle.

At times like this, remember that even with the ignition off you get vacuum if the engine's turning... slip it into gear and drop the clutch!

n b j:
    I onced cruised to my mates house and 10 meters before pulling up, I pulled out the key, I steered down his drive, the steering wheel locked and my brakes didn't work (without the ignition) Luckily the handbrake saved me before I collected his retaining wall whistle My pug stayed scratch free and I learnt a valuable lesson!
    I found the brakes just lock up doing that. The brakes won't release with the engine off. The steering wheel locks is normal. It's a stupid thing to do, I've done it too. hehe.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

As Ray said, the brakes will work, but they need a lot more force.

According to Peugeot, the servo amplifies your braking efforts by about 6 times. For those with EBA/BAS (emergency brake assist), that goes up to 23x in an emergency stop.

To think in the old days we didn't have power boosted brakes

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Yes, that's definitely something that can be said in favour of multi-leading shoe drums.

And decent sized pistons in calipers, as supplied on Cortinas and Hillmans.

Pah, Power Assisted Brakes.

My booster Thingy has been stuffed for ages.

Real Men (possibly stupid ones) Use real muscle to stop cars.

Something else to fix.

James
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Fellow Frogger!
    I used to coast down hills to save gas, on long down hill slopes I'd turn the ignition of. I did it once with all the family on board and locked the steering, freaked me right out. scary scary scary gave that practice a big miss. her name was Belinda regards, cane toad

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    cane toad:
    I used to coast down hills to save gas, on long down hill slopes I'd turn the ignition of. I did it once with all the family on board and locked the steering, freaked me right out. scary scary scary gave that practice a big miss. her name was Belinda regards, cane toad
    i hope you now realise that coasting down hills has got to be one of the most dangerous things you can do
    even with the engine running and using "angel" gear or if you are a NZ'er "maori overdrive"
    in doing this you actually use more fuel than going down a hill in top gear on trailing throttle
    and to top it off if something happened and you needed to get the car back into gear you have the chance of either not bieng able to get it back into gear or the time taken to put it in gear results in less time to avert a dangerous situation
    this practice actually scares me whenever i hear of someone doing this and i have on occasion when i have been a passenger in a car when someone has done this either got the driver to stop the practice or got them to stop and i have removed myself from the car
    i value my life a little more than the so called cost saving for fuel or mechanical wear
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

All of that being true, and illegal as well... I do remember a trip from Sydney to Albury for the Boxing Day race meeting.

Vehicle was a 1949 Vanguard (GD-384, actually), the bearing rattle started at 40mph.

Some of those hills around Jugiong and Gundagai were much more pleasant at 80mph... without any engine noise at all!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information