Brakes for the 306XT (N3)
  • Register
  • Help

Brakes for the 306XT (N3)

It's that time again for the brakes to be changed spanner , as this is the first time i'll be changing the brakes on a car let alone a Peugeot im not to sure what to expect .
    Basically im after a decent set of brakes nothing thats going to slow my car from 200-0 as my car couldnt get to 200 anyway so no Brembos or the like dead .To tell you the truth if there is something better than the stock peugeot ones at the same price im interested wink , otherwise the stock peugeot ones will be fine. How much would i be looking at parts+labour? deal

Advertisement

Just get the stockies. You can fit them yourself. I think pads for both sides for the front are $99 IIRC. A bleeding kit fro around $25 and an hours time and you'll have it done.

New discs are $146 for both front.

Oh, and trust me, your car can reach 200

<small>[ 07 August 2003, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: PULS8R ]</small>
    1995 306 XR

PULS8R:

Oh, and trust me, your car can reach 200
    O serious cool i might try and reach it on the way to picking up my brother from his primary school ehehehe Jokes roll_lau roll_lau .
    Hey PULS8R are you coming on the cruise next sunday?

Are the brakes very easy to fit yourself cause if they are i will do it? I'm not the most talented when it comes to mechanical stuff but i know a bit here and there, so do i qualify to do it myself?

LOL

Won't be able to make the cruise Sunday, but count me in on the next one!

Brakes are very easy todo. It's just undoing the caliper, replacing the pads, bleeding the brakes and then assembling it again. You probbaly won't even need to bleed the brakes.

If you plan on doing some servicing to your car I'd sugest getting a Haynes manual, I've got one and it's invaluable.
    1995 306 XR

Thread Information