Any1 put a stereo in their 206?
  • Register
  • Help

Any1 put a stereo in their 206?

Has anyone ever installed a stereo in their 206?

Advertisement

I heard somewhere that some1 had issues putting in a Kenwood system, I don't know if it was a problem with the face unit or not, but had some issues that were even knwn issues with 206's...?

Also the Australian delivered 206's have totally different stereos in them to the UK and/or European 206's (I may only be talking about 1999 and 2000 models here) Can any1 confirm that?

I am thinking about putting a Pioneer system in my car over the next few weeks. I have a mate who installs car stereos (but not for a living) regardless of this he is very god at it, but I don't know if I should get it done all oput by a pro'...?

My 206 is a 1999 or 2000 model XR, I took delivery of it on the 1st of March 2000. So maybe that makes it a '99 model? I should check wink hehehe

So yeah if any1 has had any experience or want to share their stories of installing a sound system in their pug'. please share it with me

<small>[ 21 June 2003, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: n b j ]</small>
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

XTC
    n b j:
    Has anyone ever installed a stereo in their 206?
    Check out <a href="http://www.206gti.net" target="_blank">206GTi.net</a> there is some pictures on installs there.

XTC206
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

I'd imagine the head unit will be fairly straight foward to put in, it was with the 306.

Speakers may be the issue though as for example the 306 has tiny speaker space at the front so if you happened to get a large front set then you may have to cut away a bit of the mould to fit in, if you do i'd probs give that to a pro.

Anyway i reckon peugeots are becoming more aftermarket stereo friendly these days so you shouldnt have to much of a prob. dance

XTC
    purrr-geot:
    Anyway i reckon peugeots are becoming more aftermarket stereo friendly these days so you shouldnt have to much of a prob. dance
    Actually the opposite .. the multiplexing and integrated displays of the latest generations make it harder to do stereo upgrades.

XTC206
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Actually the opposite .. the multiplexing and integrated displays of the latest generations make it harder to do stereo upgrades.

Yeah this is what I have heard too. I have heard some head units stuff up all the electricals and it needs to be like "pug' compatible"
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

XTC206 wrote: Check out 206GTi.net there is some pictures on installs there.
    thanks I am just having a look through it, very useful site wink
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Fellow Frogger!
    There's some nice pics of a conversion at <a href="http://www.hrctas.com.au/cars/peugeot.htm" target="_blank">Hobart Radio Clinic</a> Nice huh?

Thread Information