An Mp3 of my 206 hammering it
  • Register
  • Help

An Mp3 of my 206 hammering it

Ok, I decided to attach a radio mic to the back windscreen of my 206 and then run the cord through my back window into a mindisc recorder....here is the result.

PS, I was bored wink But my car sounds tuffer then what I thought wink hehehehe

<a href="http://www.nbjdesign.com/206/" target="_blank">My 206 sounds...</a>

I am also going to upload pics of my car soon, If you got the time, download the bigger of the two files wink ehhehe.

Advertisement

<a href="http://www.nbjdesign.com/206/" target="_blank">http://www.nbjdesign.com/206/</a>

-
    peugeot_ eek!

<small>[ 16 June 2003, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: n b j ]</small>
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Tadpole
    Definitely a little meatier sounding than my stock 206 XT. The upgraded exhaust probably doesn't look as hot as my purple under-body neon lighting kit though (just kidding).
    2002 Silver Peugeot 206 XT...but taking donations for 206 GTi 180.

hehehe seriously it doesn't sound that tuff in real life. It was just a cold night (tonight) and also the mic was only on the lower part of the rear windscreen, so it's only about 1.5 or 2 feet from the exhaust tip.

I hate ricers, and my car has no mods apart from the exhaust system and some larger Mags and good tyres wink hehehe but Hey! Good tyres and mags are important! like I always say Brakes before brooms wink hehe

It doesn't look outa place cause the exshauts diameter (the tip that is) is only about half an inch bigger then the standard XR and XT dumpers wink and isn't as big as the GTi exhaust. It's just the entire stainless steel system makes it sound a bit meatier. hehehe it's actualy just a small neat little discreet tip wink

dance
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

ur 206 sounds gr8!!
    hopefully i can get a good exhaust that will sound similar to that
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

hehehehe thanks mate wink

Yeah I was surprised with the extra low end grunt it gave my car. I really thought a stainless steel system really wouldn't do much, and the only reason I did it was because my center muffler was cracked and sounded like a lawn mower starving for fuel. So rather then just welding it up, I replaced it with all stainless steel ehehehe.

I found with my old (original) setup, if I had more then 2 passengers in my car it would just lack so much in every gear between 2,000 - 3,800 RPM, I would put my foot down and it just had very little torque until the revs got up into about 5,000 RPM. It was nothing to do with my car, just to be expected from a 1.6 liter wink

But since I got the new system, it's fantastic, I was comming home the other day from the city, across the harbour bridge with 3 guys in the car with me, I climbed up the big hill (western distributer) in 4th gear, revs were low, around 2,000RPM and it just pulled up the hill beatifully, had the power to be able to back on and off the throttle wink without having to plant my foot and be patient while the car wound up wink

OK I WILL SHUTUP NOW!! mallet

Ahh it's late I get easily distracted from my damn uni assignments at this time! must concentrate mallet dead
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

lol
    thats interesting....
    i went to Australias Best a few weeks ago for a quote...and he quoted a Remus Muffler only...doesnt touch the rest of the piping coz if he did...i'd lose heaps of torque...
    but it seems u replaced it all and its better...weird?!
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

Well the center muffler is still the same. But piping down to the rear is new. Then from the rear muffler out it's all new stainless steel piping then into the tip
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Thread Information