Central Locking Actuator
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Central Locking Actuator

Anyone know of an aftermarket central locking actuator that will fit a Pug 205 gti? Not wanting to spend $150 on the genuine article which is a back order from France!

Advertisement

Dick-smith and Jaycar, also some discount stores sell complete aftermarket units which ive installed to great longterm use.
    Eg. my pearents Ford 4 years and still going, all the price of $45-$100 depending on when and were.-chris
    ... ptui!

Wold it be hard to use one of those kits to replace the 604 vacuum central locking?
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Pugnut403:
    Wold it be hard to use one of those kits to replace the 604 vacuum central locking?
    Honestly ive never done a or seen a 604, but aslong as the action for the actual pin or internal dor lock is mechanical (ie-that is via the factory rods) then these kit can be adapted to fit almost any car. If good time and labour are spent whilst installing and feeding the cables through the doors/jambs et, then they prove very reliable. They can even be often adapted to a aftermarket Car alarm, with imobiliser circuits.... something to think about.--chris
    ... ptui!

So if the door is locked with a rod, the motor can retract the locking mechanism?

Hmmmm interesting, I like.

James
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Shobbz:
    So if the door is locked with a rod, the motor can retract the locking mechanism?

Hmmmm interesting, I like.

James
    Put simply, its yes to 99.9% of cars on the road today. Access can sometimes become an issue, but the same principles apply, a 12v eletronic 2-way actautor, drives a rod, which is mechanicaly connected to either the door lock or the pin rod of each door. One actuator for each door on a comon and supplied wiring loom controled by a master s/w box and operated via the master door/doors (usually the drivers door), or via remote control alarm, done.--chris
    ... ptui!

Fellow Frogger!
    Yes they work like a charm on the 604 I've done a couple with very good results. It is even possible to make them remote locking while you are at it.

i had new central locking fitted into my car, it was a generic brand, and cost me 150 bucks, all up for them to do it, how ever, the rear drivers door, doesn't unlock at all, the motor goes in it and all, but no action :-( dont know how to fix that..

so yes, a generic locking ssytem will work in your pug :-) mallet

Thread Information