180 Wheels
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 180 Wheels

Icon8 180 Wheels

Well, I've been trying my best to not scuff the wheels but it's happened and I did it well

Advertisement

About 6" along the rim and a little bit on one of the spokes. I was in a rush, found a park and befor I knew it - scraaaaaaaaaaap!

Bugger!

It's only cosmetic but is it easily fixed or should I trade in my twin spare cans and place this wheel perminantly in the boot - so to speak?

Is it possible to polish out the scuffs or do I bite my tongue and get a new wheel?

Thanks Guys

I'm still definitely interested in 4, but I'm not in any great rush. Whenever you manage to get the right deal, Jester, I'm in

Oh, and Nassty, a few of us 180 wheel people have had their rims repaired for just this sort of thing, so it appears to be quite easy, and around $100 as Jester said. As you are in Melbourne, I can't recommend anyone to you though, sorry.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Is it possible to buy 4x 180 Wheels
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

I have scraped all 4 of my wheels at least once! I was never bad in the 306. I've found that part of it is due to the fact that the Pirellis don't widen out from the wheels (like most tyres do), but in fact run narrower than the wheel rim. This means the alloy is the first to hit anything. I'm not getting mine fixed until I replace the tyres as I think that it's quite likely to happen again.

I kerbed one of the wheels on my 138 quite badly. I took it to a place in Adelaide called Extensive Wheel Services, They re-welded in the material that was missing, re-rounded the wheel and also re-painted it too. I think all up it cost me $180 or thereabouts.

If you want to get it done look up places in the Yellowpages and make sure you shop around as the other quote I had was something like $250.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Thanks Guys

Knew it was going to be difficult to keep the rims shiny but as you Guys have stated, it's an easy FiretrUCK up and good to know that I'm not the only unfortunate bloke to have done it. It's good enough reason to get tyres with rubber rims on them to protect the wheels from kerbing.

I'll look into getting them prepared but Jester_fu if you can get a great deal to bulk purchase I would be interested. $680 is a joke for a one piece wheel.

Thanks again - I feel better now!

Scott, I believe Industrie was referring to flange lip on the tyre... to protect the rim. But my recollection of the rim is that it flares out, so although you can protect the outside of the rim, you can't protect the spokes...
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Quote Originally Posted by jester_fu

You'd think that, but when you comapre the after market options... the stock wheels are pretty damn good. I mean, the Oz wheels retail for $650ea, and the only one as light as the stock 180 rim in 17" is the WRC wheel... which is white, and a little to ricey for my taste on the road. Everyone else i've copntacted has cheaper wheels, but they are all 2-3kg's each heavier than the stock rims. Me thinks those stock rims are pretty sweet, after looking around...
    Point taken - but I've ordered 18x8 and 18x10 ROH wheels for my cobra replica that are three piece and will cost the same as a one piece cast peugeot wheel. Sure the centres are the same but they have to machine it for the hubs and then adjust the offset on the rims which equals more labour. Cast one piece wheels require much less labour etc etc

Thats's why you can get, although crap, AM wheels for about $250 each. Considering they're crap that's probably too much too!
    Last edited by NASSTY; 2nd February 2005 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jester_fu
    So, what, you going to run 215's??
    I'm actually talking about the sidewall of the tyre. Look at the sidewall on the 180 & then look at other low profile, and also regular, tyres. You'll see what I mean.

Jester Fu, where in Sydney do they stock those Oz Racing Wheels?

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

$680 isn't that bad when you condsider the GTi-6 wheels were nearly $900ea a fews years back

i priced them out of curiousity one day to check what the difference would be between genuine and aftermarket wheels and was shocked at the price i recieved from the dealer
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Originally Posted by jester_fu
    MR206: I don't know who distributes Oz wheels in Syd, might be worth doing a search for the Oz Australia website and dropping them a line. I'd give you the addr, but i'm not in my office and don't have access to my email.
    The OZ Australia website is http://www.ozaustralia.com.au/ (funnily enough). I actually contacted OZ Australia a while ago when I first started looking at the Superturismo WRC rims, asking about Sydney distributors. They told me that the guys to contact are Steve or Robbie at Bob Jane Drummoyne on (02) 9819 7422. Never actually got around to calling them myself, so I can't vouch for the accuracy of that information.
    Black '00 206 GTi 138

'I NEVER rely on my own memory, as I have determined that it is not only faulty, but actively working against me'

Not sure if any of you have looked at Team Dynamic wheels, but I believe they're of a high quality also. The distributor for that, as well as Kumho is a guy called John Mills. He owns an ST170 and would be happy to help out, I'm sure.

Cheers,
    Lincoln
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

I'd be interested in getting another rim as a spare.

I got a spacer from the dealer when I bought my 180, don't keep it in the car unless I'm going out of town. This is all well and good, but it'd be good to have the real thing to put on while I'm getting the scuff marks on mine repaired.

I don't believe that spacer's are rated for much of a distance and I've seen one of the guys at work wait over a month for his rims to be repaired. The spacer is also a different size than the rims too, so it's another reason that it's not good for your car for a long period of time.

Jester, how many do you have to order for the price to drop below $680? The shipping costs from you to me in Melbourne are also a consideration I guess. Will have to do some research into that too!

Thanks
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by vector
    The OZ Australia website is http://www.ozaustralia.com.au/ (funnily enough). I actually contacted OZ Australia a while ago when I first started looking at the Superturismo WRC rims, asking about Sydney distributors. They told me that the guys to contact are Steve or Robbie at Bob Jane Drummoyne on (02) 9819 7422. Never actually got around to calling them myself, so I can't vouch for the accuracy of that information.
    Cheers mate. Much appreciated.
    Last edited by MR206; 4th February 2005 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vector
    The OZ Australia website is [url]http: They told me that the guys to contact are Steve or Robbie at Bob Jane Drummoyne on (02) 9819 7422. Never actually got around to calling them myself, so I can't vouch for the accuracy of that information.

the guys at bob jane drummoyone are really good they fix my wheel
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

Thread Information