Pug Wives
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Pug Wives

Banned

Default Pug Wives

I've just been driving in Sydney traffic with a pugess who insists on wearing a broad rimmed hat in the bloody car (how can I see around it), prattling away as I'm trying to avoid death, can't understand why I can't just ... turn up that street (subtext "what kind of a driver are you!").

Yes, I've trained her in pug spotting but she's so ... obvious about it! Like we'll be walking down a street and a pug waltzes by and madam points madly and cries "peugeot!" and the perplexed occupants look at us as if to say :"what are they staring at"!

Advertisement

Am I alone in having a difficult pugess or are similar problems being encountered?

Quote Originally Posted by lucamote2005
    points madly and cries "peugeot!" and the perplexed occupants look at us as if to say :"what are they staring at"!

Am I alone in having a difficult pugess or are similar problems being encountered?
    I have a six year old who does that.

My "little nest of vipers" has all of zero intrest in anything automotive.

P.S.
    I am still deep in it, after mentioning her "mother" and "crap cooking" in the same sentence.
    /// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90
    Sacred cows make the best hamburger mince.
    If you run, you only die tired

Default Pug Wives

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma
    I have a six year old who does that.

My "little nest of vipers" has all of zero intrest in anything automotive.

P.S.
    I am still deep in it, after mentioning her "mother" and "crap cooking" in the same sentence.
    Gamma,
    Bravely put. I admire your guts. No, it isn't showing. Yet!!!

Yes, I've trained her in pug spotting but she's so ... obvious about it! Like we'll be walking down a street and a pug waltzes by and madam points madly and cries "peugeot!" and the perplexed occupants look at us as if to say :"what are they staring at"!
    Hmmm... I thought I was the only one who suffered from this, I trained my mum to spot Pugs and now she does exactly the same thing!

It's funny when we're driving in our Falcon and she starts waving to an oncoming Pug driver. They usually just stare and wonder "do I know this person?", but sometimes they wave back!

Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

My entire (present) family would rather deny they ever knew what a Peugeot is!

But in a past life we had a good time... without embarrassing moments.

To sum you up Luc is like a person who can't write a sentence that doesn't contain a complaint and/or a bait.

cheers ed ge

Default problems with wives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    My entire (present) family would rather deny they ever knew what a Peugeot is!

But in a past life we had a good time... without embarrassing moments.

Well, I'm in it enough already for accepting a free 70 model model -the previous owner saw my 69 model under renovation in the drive.

I'm still deciding which one to keep and which to re-cycle for spares. Sadly I think it will be the green 70 model.

20 Y.O son comes in today and "Hey Dad saw a mint condition 70 model with
    a for sale sign on it " .. silent treatment and dinner off the back fence with the dog tonight... '

She doen't even know I'm doing a panel beating course at TAFE yet...

Initially, my mother was all against me buying a Pug...she wanted me to get something Aussie, "not another EU car," she would whine ...but when I brought my 206 cc to her house she was very impressed. She then appeared to be mesmerised by the logo on the steering wheel and said, "very nice...is it a Holden?" b3t1's response, "D'OH!"

As for my partner, he always points Pugs out, even when they are not Pugs...
    "Look a Pug." He says. "No, that's a Porsche 928s," I respond. It is a wee bit obvious as well when you are driving a convertible with the roof off. But he is getting better at it

XTC

Yep, wifey points out every Peugeot, Renault and Citroen (along with French accent and pronunciation) esp while driving. Not hard to guess what her next car will be ...

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Default educating the next generation

Having been involved in Pugs for a great many years, both my offspring are well educated however I'm a little perturbed with the 12yo son who after a recent trip to Sweden not only calls out both Pugs and Saabs but also by model. His flaw in the politically correctness stakes is calling out "look out Dad theres a Volvo."
    Partly because I have a "Volvo aware rider" sticker on the back of the bike.

Is it true all older 404 owners have beards?

Parlez vous Peugeot?

Phil

mlb

After mentioning to my wife about the recent thread on Pug Protocols, she now has become an avid Pug spotter. Now every one that goes pass that I miss - which is most of them, I should wear my glasses more often , she points out my error and threatens to report me. Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

On a plus note though, she was very apprehensive when I decided to buy my Pug. $900 for a car that I will rely on to do over 200 km's a day to and from work did not seem like a good idea to her. Now she has finally admitted to me the other day that she loves driving it. I think that's a victory.
    Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.

Edgedweller said..." To sum you up Luc is like a person who can't write a sentence that doesn't contain a complaint and/or a bait. .
    Are you saying Edgey that Luc is like a person who can't write...(etc etc).... or that he is that person?

To sum you up Edgey it seems you are like a person who is less interested in the topic at hand than someone who is keen to apply his Wildean like Rapist wit towards the poster rather than the post.
    Whilst your self-aggrandisement may give you your daily intellectual stiffies, I for one, find your intellectual overlord attitude as dull as a hatfull of hats.
    Contribute son.
    Last edited by Warwick; 31st January 2005 at 09:52 PM.
    "Now my dream lies shattered like the shards of a broken dream"

Gamma, I love that "little nest of vipers" thing. Never really heard it before.
    Mine has had a couple of 306's, and loved them to death. The hotted up 205's she wouldn't have given me two bob for. The 505 wagon she despised. Now she has an Mi16 1.9...... this car is a ripper thing. A great great car.
    She hates it. Pininfarina styled I say. It's white she says. Great engine, I say; cheap to run. I hate that bar on the bootlid, she says.
    Can you sell it, she says and get an old BMW.
    This is upsetting, cos I know I cant get an E36 318i that is a patch on this 405 for at least.... well stacks more money to get prolly a 325 in fact.
    She certainly spots 306's out , but that is the extent of her pug-spotting.
    Hopefully I can compromise and get her what I want.... heh heh another 306 would be good.
    "Now my dream lies shattered like the shards of a broken dream"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Whitton

Is it true all older 404 owners have beards?

Parlez vous Peugeot?

Phil
    Oui! Oui! As true as most citroen owners sporting beards, wearing scruffy sandals and teaching humanities at the local University! Long live stereotypes!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Yep, wifey points out every Peugeot, Renault and Citroen (along with French accent and pronunciation) esp while driving. Not hard to guess what her next car will be ...

- xTc -
    I've just come back from a run to the Coast and I won't start waxing lyrical about how the 307 performed pure ballet as she clung on to the bitumen and snorted up the rear of an ageing commodore who had the cheek to overtake us on the straights but lost its nerve on the twisty bits...yeah I'm charged! The pug was fantastic!

But I must confess somewhat shamefaced that the mighty pug 307 I spotted barrelling out of the gloom was ... as the Pugess pointed out triumphantly "a citroen c5". Well, you know, the light was fading, I was tired, and... and ...[a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous!]

Banned

[QUOTE=Warwick]Edgedweller said...[COLOR=Blue][I]"
    To sum you up Edgey it seems you are like a person who is less interested in the topic at hand than someone who is keen to apply his Wildean like Rapist wit towards the poster rather than the post.

Its all harmless fun Edgeweller... as I'm sure you realise!

I'd be the first to agree some of my posts are lame garbage but... ya gotta take risks in order to have the lucky strike - a post that stimulates debate, conversation etc. If (extreme) Muslims drove peugeots and joined aussie frog the world might be a more fun place?

So loosen up Edgeweller, take some risks, throw out a few posts on god knows what and if they are met with howls of derision, so what! We'll forgive you 'cos ... you drive a peugeot!

If (extreme) Muslims drove peugeots and joined aussie frog the world might be a more fun place?

Maybe the reason they go "extreme" is because they ve had those crappy chevys and fords dumped on their market...hell....they ve gotta deal with commadores these days as well.....no wonder they love the 404s and 504s so much.....Not only are they phenomenal cars but are a symbol against the oppresive us policies....helll......I think I ve figured it out......They fight the US not because they dislike their people BUT because of the crap they produce in Detroit......thats the reason they burn the US flags in middle east...They are sick to death of the bov-tie and henry ford............

cheers

dino

My mother a pug wife enjoyed the pug when dad had it, but now that i have it and its starting to looks its 30 years she wants it gone!!!

Poor pug not appreciated. I have educated all that I know about the pug and peugeots, they now throw things at me to shut me up.

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Oui! Oui! As true as most citroen owners sporting beards, wearing scruffy sandals and teaching humanities at the local University! Long live stereotypes!

OMG I just had a flash back to my high school geography teacher.

I also loudly spot peugeots in whilst driving, even if I'm the only one in the car. Work mates think I'm a bit strange. Which is true.

nlq206

Quote Originally Posted by Warwick
    Gamma, I love that "little nest of vipers" thing. Never really heard it before.
    I can't take credit for that one.
    Faulty Towers -- Basil Faulty describing Sybil. (No wonder he took up with the hired help).
    Show voted the best whipping of a Morris in television history.
    /// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90
    Sacred cows make the best hamburger mince.
    If you run, you only die tired

Originally misposted by Warwick
    .....someone who is keen to apply his Wildean like Rapist wit towards the poster rather than the post.
    How do we put this?

Dictionary references, maybe:

Rapist: One who has sexual intercourse with a woman against her will.

Rapier: Sword, very sharp, often used to describe how sharp one's wit might be.

mlb

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    How do we put this?

Dictionary references, maybe:

Rapist: One who has sexual intercourse with a woman against her will.

Rapier: Sword, very sharp, often used to describe how sharp one's wit might be.
    Yeah. Dyslexics of the world untie!
    Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.

Default Oh Lu and Wokka

Caught me out, you are right, seems I don't want to respond to Lu's threads, only grizzle at Lu.

But as Lu knows, it's not all just fun, it's about catching attention, being on top, setting the fashion, not uncommon traits amongst certain sorts of males, kind of predatory behaviour all wrapped up in apparent concern for someone or things wellbeing, all warm and fuzzy like.

Lu's certainly caught our attention in the 4 short weeks he's been with us,
    started 9 threads, had 255 replies, he's taking the risks, stimulating debate, but about what, we should tell him he's a naughty fellow because he drives too fast, or commiserate with him because he doesn't think Peugeot drivers are polite enough, or his wife shut his hand in the door, or wears big hats or doesn't indulge in Peugeot spotting.

Lu's made 36 posts in this brief, but illustrious membership, most of which contain a put down to someone, himself yes, self depreciation, Xonicjan, Lensflare, 407er, plenty to me, the nature of his posts are a put down, cold shower, protocols, Pug wives, I was stupid.. etc, but he's made only two posts in other threads, so all this is not about communication in general but about him in specific.

And that might not be such a bad thing, if he didn't do it at others expense, so tough to anyone who is or stumbles in his way, Xonicjan buys a car because it's baby/cute, lensflare as she tries to fit in, 407er to swallow some pride, or me because of the way I eat quiche, his wife, women shopping, etc.....

After Lu's comments to Xonicjan and Lensflare, somewhat rare fem contributors, I suggested, in humourous fashion, he leave the sarcasm out, only to be met by more. Lu apparently feels it unnecessary to reply to this or to reduce his sarcasm.

Lu doesn't think he should respond to complaint/ bait either, Lu thinks we should have harmony, love, kindness and mutual respect, read his posts and decide if you think thats what he's on about, I did and I don't.

He'd be the first to say that his posts are lame, (classic self deprecatory obfuscation) when they are anything but and no-one would say that because it's all so much fun, soo many replies.

He suggests that I should have a go, take a risk and if I blow it you'll all forgive me because I drive a Peugeot, but not like he forgave me after my, aggressive, pugnacious comment, I hope, and not like he forgave xonicjan.

All up I probably could have said like a

passive/aggressive
    attention seeking/mysoginist
    troll/male

So, no Lu, I don't want your gift horse!
    and froggies shouldn't buy the pup either.

but I don't know what all that means, do I Warrick?

And you, our gae che, what tyranny will you save us from?
    The shocking dis-service done to Brother Lu's freedom of expression?

Dull as hatfulls, then why would you bother?
    But that I corrected your spelling once and called you Wokka! and that just ain't metro at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turn up ya tranny.

Cheers edgey

Ps. and sometimes, secretly, I think he works in the marketing department for ASIO.

Icon10

.....must say Luc, you are game; airing the sexist sentiments...esp. when pugs are such ladies cars.

Aus
    (I do believe a fishing comp has been declared!)
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

Default At the risk of being shunned for taking sides...

I have to agree with Edge. Lucamote...reading your posts makes me feel uncomfortable, I don't dare even imagine how repulsive your personality is in person.

Kitty

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information