Mi16x4 on eBay
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Mi16x4 on eBay

Default Mi16x4 on eBay

ebay link

Advertisement

Just 398 made. It's one of just 107 RH drive models for the UK. They're only going to get rarer.
    Last edited by PeterT; 30th January 2005 at 09:17 AM.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Fellow Frogger!

I didn't realise so few were made. Relatively there are quite a few over here in New Zealand.

Is the x4 a better car than the front wheel drive Mi16? I have always thought that the x4 might be at a disadvantage due to the nature of the XU9J4 motor.
    Does the added weight and drivetrain losses combined with the peaky nature of the motor have a particularly detrimental effect?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Louis
    I didn't realise so few were made. Relatively there are quite a few over here in New Zealand.

Is the x4 a better car than the front wheel drive Mi16? I have always thought that the x4 might be at a disadvantage due to the nature of the XU9J4 motor.
    Does the added weight and drivetrain losses combined with the peaky nature of the motor have a particularly detrimental effect?

Down here in Christchurch there are as many 4wd as 2wd Mi16's. When I was looking at buying mine, the first questions the Peugeot experts asked was is it 4wd. It seems they eat clutches. Apparently you don't want one unless you have LOTS of spare money to keep it going - but still not as bad as keeping a 605 alive.
    95 MI16
    71 404 U10 ute
    66 404 coupe
    55 203C (gently warmed) gone... sold...

There is a weight penality, but once you're moving it's like night and day. They're two completely different cars to drive. The 4WD rides better and eats 2WD's in the corners and in the top end of the RPM scale.

All 4WD cars eat clutches.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Fellow Frogger!

Oh ok, so an x4 is genuinely faster than a front wheel drive model ie lap times?

Oh ok, so an x4 is genuinely faster than a front wheel drive model ie lap times?
    Yes. The only time a 2WD is quicker is a 400m or 0-100km/h time. First corner it's all over.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thread Information