clutch pedal return spring
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default clutch pedal return spring

the spring that pushes the clutch pedal back up broke off while i was going to work yesterday, can i just replace it with a generic one from repco or something? and how would i put it on? i have a 205 gti

my car is stuck at work so ill have to do it myself

thanks for any help

Advertisement

EDIT:
    (this is before it broke) my friend had a play with it and it went back to normal, but yesterday when i was driving to work i heard a sound like a spring breaking and the pedal is now stuck on the floor. I was just wondering if there is a spring at the big lever that connects the cable to the clutch (where the adjusting nuts are) ? and if you know its part number so i can buy one from the local repco and get my car back from work
    Last edited by davey o; 30th January 2005 at 03:41 PM.

If necessary, you could probably jury rig it with a bit of elastic or rubber or something to get you home.

davey o,

you've been very quiet over there; what news?

Tadpole

i got my dad to give me a tow to the garage.
    the tow rope snapped about 50m from it so i had to push it the rest of the way.
    they put in a new clutch cable and that seemed to fix it, but they said it looked like a bush or bearing or something was missing (i think on the clutch lever arm? not sure what its called) and there was play in it and that i should take it to peugeot.

i took it to peugeot and they fixed it.
    the receipt from peugeot just said "Adjusted clutch cable", so i guess nothing was missing.

ive had it back for about 3 weeks or a month or so, but today the clutch pedal has started going back down. the adjusting nuts on the cable are all tight, so i dont think they are moving or coming undone, so im not sure what is happening

i guess ill find out soon if it buggers out again :/

Davey O, Don't wait for that to happen mate, it could go somewhere very inconvenient or dangerous. Preventative maintainance is what all pugs need.

Back to Peugeot dealer and quesion them about fitment/adjustment, probable cause of latest symptons, may cost you money but you will at least gain certainty.

Fix it first fellow, before it becomes a liability.

cheers ed ge

Tadpole

my mate asked if i could give him a ride home from uni, so i went to pick him up.
    the clutch cable snapped (luckily next to the local garage).

anyone think i could get peugeot to replace it for free? (considering i bought the cable from them 3 or 4 weeks ago and they adjusted it after my local garage put it in). i still have the receipts for all of it.

Thread Information