I said goodbye to my little baby today
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    1000+ Posts David Shearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Glenroy
    Posts
    1,141

    Icon10 I said goodbye to my little baby today




    Oh the humanity!!!!!!.......anyway.

    Yep, I said goodbye to the Mi16 this morning, shed a tear as it left the garage and drove down the street, purring away. The car has never been in such bloody good nick than it has this week. What was I thinking?????

    As much pain, anger and not to mention wad upon wad of cash, it has cost me, this car was the greatest I have ever owned. We had a great relationship and it was a sad time to see it go. The only good thing I can take from it (apart from the cash I got for it) was the fact that its going to a good home, a home where I can still drive it, my parents home. Yes, my father got it as he thought the money I spent on it was too good just to get rid of for next to nothing.

    Advertisement


    So....did I do the right thing? I think so. I sold the car, I've put the order in for my new one yesterday and I still get to see the Mi, and drive it.

    End of an era for me, my second Mi16 and probably my last. what a great Pug



    Dave
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

    Previous:

    05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

    Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts purrr-geot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    melb
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    WOW, you ordered the ___________

    is it the car that you discussed elsewhere??


    Be strong dav, i know losin her is tough, but shes gone to a better place.

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts David Shearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Glenroy
    Posts
    1,141

    Icon10

    Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    WOW, you ordered the ___________

    is it the car that you discussed elsewhere??


    Be strong dav, i know losin her is tough, but shes gone to a better place.

    yep, that's right, I put the order in.

    thanks for the support, you truly are the wind beneth my wings
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

    Previous:

    05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

    Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts purrr-geot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    melb
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Shearer
    you truly are the wind beneth my wings
    HAHAH
    well remeber
    'no woman no cry'
    'she will be loved'
    'three times a lady'
    'end of the road'
    'girls just wanna have fun'


    ok sorry il stop.

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts David Shearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Glenroy
    Posts
    1,141

    Icon10

    Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    HAHAH
    well remeber
    'no woman no cry'
    'she will be loved'
    'three times a lady'
    'end of the road'
    'girls just wanna have fun'


    ok sorry il stop.
    thanks, let me know when we can team up and have a man cry. Maybe we could bring out our savage garden collection and share the memories
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

    Previous:

    05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

    Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

  6. #6
    Fellow Frogger! DejaVu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Croydon, Melbourne
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Shearer
    thanks, let me know when we can team up and have a man cry. Maybe we could bring out our savage garden collection and share the memories
    why stop at savage garden? im sure you have darren hynes solo cd around there somewhere...hehe

    is it going to be in the local area still? or is it moving away?

    also if you get Mi16 lonely, ill drive mine past your place so you can take a trip down memory lane.
    2013 Megane RS 265 Trophy

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts David Shearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Glenroy
    Posts
    1,141

    Icon10

    Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu
    why stop at savage garden? im sure you have darren hynes solo cd around there somewhere...hehe

    is it going to be in the local area still? or is it moving away?

    also if you get Mi16 lonely, ill drive mine past your place so you can take a trip down memory lane.
    its around ringwood today (just to have cruise control fitted), then ts off to Wodonga, so any wodonga aussiefroggers around look out for a mean Mi16 around the dong with a grey haired bloke driving it around town
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

    Previous:

    05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

    Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger! Ralph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Wodonga
    Posts
    928

    Icon7

    So Kenny didn't buy it? I'll have to keep my eye out for it. Has it still got the PUGMI plates on it? What are you buying to replace it?

    Matt
    On the internet, no one knows that you are only wearing a fez.

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts David Shearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Glenroy
    Posts
    1,141

    Icon10

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    So Kenny didn't buy it? I'll have to keep my eye out for it. Has it still got the PUGMI plates on it? What are you buying to replace it?

    Matt

    nah he didn't...not too happy about that one as he told me to bring it up and would basically be buying the car when it got there.

    But in the end i am much happier for the car going somewhere I can still use it.
    Yeah it will be around Wodonga now, and its still got the plates. Not going to worry about changeover of rego for a couple of months yet
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

    Previous:

    05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

    Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

  10. #10
    1000+ Posts purrr-geot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    melb
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    Eh david, you know what would go well with your new ride, hillary duff's new album & a pair of used designer sandals.

  11. #11
    1000+ Posts David Shearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Glenroy
    Posts
    1,141

    Icon10

    Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    Eh david, you know what would go well with your new ride, hillary duff's new album & a pair of used designer sandals.

    you might be right there mr. "insert thought bubble of myself picking up many a chick with my new ride and the phat bumber "duff" pumping in the back"
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

    Previous:

    05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

    Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

  12. #12
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    6,533

    Default

    Duff rocks on DVD with the sound down. Errr...........so my 8yo daughter tells me.


    2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

  13. #13
    1000+ Posts purrr-geot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    melb
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    Duff rocks on DVD with the sound down. Errr...........so my 8yo daughter tells me.
    HAha how cute, i had my lawyers daughter calling me at work begging me for a free copy for christmas,

    hmmmm....


    Anyway, dav when are you getting the _______________??
    Do i get a VIP preview to it before other af's drool over it???

  14. #14
    1000+ Posts David Shearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Glenroy
    Posts
    1,141

    Icon10

    Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    HAha how cute, i had my lawyers daughter calling me at work begging me for a free copy for christmas,

    hmmmm....


    Anyway, dav when are you getting the _______________??
    Do i get a VIP preview to it before other af's drool over it???

    that depends if you know what duff's two puppies are called? shouldn't be a problem, we can drag it out with your new beast too.
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

    Previous:

    05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

    Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •