andyg
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: andyg

Tadpole

Default andyg

I have just aquired my second 205 gti 1.9 .I have heard storys about putting a gti6 engine in and just want to know how easy it is to do all so can some one tell me where i can get hold of performance parts or am i goin to have to contact ecosse or demon tweaks in england any advice will be greatly use`ed thanx

Advertisement

Icon7

Hi Andy,

Welcome to AF. I know nothing about 205's, I just noticed you are a local. There's a few of us around Albury/Wodonga. What's your car look like so I can keep an eye out? Mine's a light blue 505GR with a couple of AF stickers on it and a set of Cheviot mags. There are two light blue 505's getting around here, the other one is a bit older, has steel rims and is a manual.

Cheers,

Matt.
    On the internet, no one knows that you are only wearing a fez.

Tadpole

Default andyg

thanx for the welcome matt my pug is dark green your`ll hear it before you see it because it`s got a strait through 2 and a quarter inch exhaust on it there is a nother 205 about round hear a white one but i think that is only a 1.6 .i`ll keep an eye out for you as im hooning around .

Fellow Frogger!

Hi and welcome to AF, yes a GTi6 can be fitted but you lose handling qualities due to the block being cast iron and weighing quite a bit and also the squeeze factor, it is a very tight fit, but with the right amount of $ it can be done, have a look at www.205gti.com there is a few articles there written by guys who have put GTi6 engines in. A more cost efficent way is the Mi16 engine, check out www.mi16conversion.co.uk to give an idea of what's involved, the engine swap for the Mi16 is easy, the wiring is a bit fiddly.
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

A gti6 engine and gearbox can and does fit in a 205. It's an awesome set-up although it has been found in the UK that an MI16 engine is better if you want to be quicker off the mark. On the otehr hand, the gti6 engine has a higher top speed. UP to you.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Thread Information