New 306
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: New 306

Icon11 New 306

If anyoneís wondering the car that I was looking for my mother has been found. So if you see me or my mum in a china blue N5 306 XT, with XR number plates (Alan Moore's old car) give us a wave. Rest assured Alan the car has gone to a good home... so long as my brother doesn't get his hands on it

I must say, it's probably the most meticulous 306 Iíve seen, and will probably stay that way.

still trying to convince her to keep the AF sticker

Advertisement
    Last edited by orestes; 24th January 2005 at 09:06 PM.

Congrats Orestes, it sounds really nice. I hope your mum has a good run with it. Post some pics of it sometime.

I'd be interested to hear your comparison between N3 and N5.

Did you ever get to check out that white XSi in Brisso? Was it really an XSi?

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    Congrats Orestes, it sounds really nice. I hope your mum has a good run with it. Post some pics of it sometime.

I'd be interested to hear your comparison between N3 and N5.

Did you ever get to check out that white XSi in Brisso? Was it really an XSi?
    That XSi looked a lot better then what it was, the mud guards were loose, the drivers seat was loose, and there was rubber bits coming away, and tint coming off one of the windows. You know the general story of a muton dressed as lamb It looks good from a distance, but if you see it it doesn't look like the owner has taken care of the body work, which would generally say that the mechanicals weren't treated much better, and that stood out as well, the exhaust was sooty and the engine smell wasn't spectacular either, don't know could have just been old plugs or running out of tune, but it just didnít seem like a good car.

Over all apart from a stone chip, there's nothing at all wrong with Alanís old car. My mum had her heart set on a 3 door, but Alanís car was to good to say no.

I will get my hands on the digital camera in the next few days and upload a few pictures to some web space.

first impressions of the N3 XR vs the N5 XT, and only very basic first impressions as i may not be used to the car, is that although the XT is very much noticeably quicker, it seems like more of a cruising type of car then a less refined drives car that the XR was. I mean you had to really rev and drive the XR to make it seem fast, where as the XT is just sit back and drive.
    Last edited by orestes; 24th January 2005 at 10:27 PM.

Good stuff, sounds like you made the right decision. That was a quick sale for Alan....notch up another win for Aussiefrogs classifieds

So that white one did actually have XSi seats right? Not the ones like mine? Did you ask about the spoiler? I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    Good stuff, sounds like you made the right decision. That was a quick sale for Alan....notch up another win for Aussiefrogs classifieds

So that white one did actually have XSi seats right? Not the ones like mine? Did you ask about the spoiler? I'm curious.
    I forgot to ask about the spoiler, but it definitely was an XSi as it had the seats with the bigger bolsters.

Anyway, i uploaded some photos when i finally got the time to do it today, have a look if you want.

From what Alan said to my mum if i remember correctly, it was the last 306 sold in Australia in July of 2001, if you want to add that to your 306 thread

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/101455/
    Last edited by orestes; 31st January 2005 at 09:00 PM.

Tadpole

I am a newby to peugeots and have just bought a 96 306 XSi was in great nick, except like the one you mentioned the drivers seet is a bit loose. Is there a simple way to rectify this. Worst thing of all was only had the car 2 weeks and some rat has pinched the front badge.

Quote Originally Posted by dino
    is that you dino

......... I saw that.....did you see it........................

well done with the new 306 orestes......

cheers

dino

except like the one you mentioned the drivers seet is a bit loose. Is there a simple way to rectify this.

....welcome to the forum.....the xsi are nice cars......I m a bit surprised the seat is loose though as they are checked (or should have been) during rwc.....probably just needs to be tightened.
    Might be wise to get a light under it and have a look.....try rocking the seat to isolate loose area....problem could be just a loose bolt or possibly a crack (might be hidden by carpet)....if its a loose bolt....its always smart to double check the thread as it might have been stripped ....Either way its wise to fix and make sure all is tight...
    ....as for badges...they are not that expensive...even when compared to fords or commadores....

cheers

dino
    Last edited by dino; 2nd February 2005 at 10:13 AM.

Orestes,
    I believe it was the last 306 (excluding Cabs) sold in Brisbane, don't know about Australia. It is a good car, handles and goes well (don't they all) and gets good economy.

When I said there were three dints in the car, I think your Mum was expecting them to be somewhat larger, guessing that she had been told a few stories that day of other cars and their immaculate conditions.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    Ď02 and Ď03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee +

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaw
    I am a newby to peugeots and have just bought a 96 306 XSi was in great nick, except like the one you mentioned the drivers seet is a bit loose. Is there a simple way to rectify this. Worst thing of all was only had the car 2 weeks and some rat has pinched the front badge.

Welcome to AF as like dino said the badges are not that expensive about $15 from memory, as for your seat one of the support arms could be broken, happenned to my s16 I just got it welded back on, probably not the best fix but at the time couldnt find a seat in the same colour.

Hopefully its just loose and needs tighting

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by alan moore
    Orestes,
    I believe it was the last 306 (excluding Cabs) sold in Brisbane, don't know about Australia. It is a good car, handles and goes well (don't they all) and gets good economy.

When I said there were three dints in the car, I think your Mum was expecting them to be somewhat larger, guessing that she had been told a few stories that day of other cars and their immaculate conditions.
    yes there were a few more then average 306's that we checked out that were supposedly in "good condition" most noticeably a white XSi that look great from far but was a bit of a lemon, also unless you really want to look at the 306 you sold us, it does look almost pristine.

it has gone to a new home, where it will be well maintained. Also, sorry for the misquote
    Last edited by orestes; 2nd February 2005 at 05:47 AM.

That is a VERY sweet looking for 306. Very nice
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Tadpole

Thanks for the advice Dino and Immy.

Dinosaw

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    That is a VERY sweet looking for 306. Very nice
    wwithout passing judgment due to the fact that we own the car, I must say that it is the nicest 5 door i've seen in the flesh.

I must also say that china blue and black are probably the best colors for a 5 door 306

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    wwithout passing judgment due to the fact that we own the car, I must say that it is the nicest 5 door i've seen in the flesh.

I must also say that china blue and black are probably the best colors for a 5 door 306
    It's an awesome colour and looks wicked with that tint, too! The black on the 306 is a pain to keep clean and is very prone to scratches and chips... well on our 6 anyway... The blue looks schmick and the rims look to be in very good knick too.

Well done!
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    It's an awesome colour and looks wicked with that tint, too! The black on the 306 is a pain to keep clean and is very prone to scratches and chips... well on our 6 anyway... The blue looks schmick and the rims look to be in very good knick too.

Well done!
    the car is imaculate like i said, the only really visable mark on it is a stone dent on the bonet. As far as i can tell, the rims have never hit a kerb.

The car is very much over all a diffrent beast to the 1.8l 8v N3 XR, much more powerful, although i must say that it doesn't seem to be as raw as the N3 XR.

pur-john, not pew-john! peujohn's Avatar

That's a gorgeous car Orestes. I'm jealous.

Is it actually an XT? With 15 inch wheels fitted? Or is it a Rallye, which had those wheels as standard? I would have that that an XT would have the 14 inch wheels.

Doesn't matter anyway. Lovely.
    John W

1979 Peugeot 504 GTI 2.2 litre 5 speed - 72 kW at the wheels

1974 Peugeot 504 TI
    - now on the road

2009 Peugeot 407 HDI wagon - family car

Previous: 2005 407 HDI manual sedan, 1980 504 GL, 1990 405 Mi16, 1977 504 GL Special, 1984 505 SRD Turbo

For a small period of time the XT was fitted with 15" rims before inheriting the Rallye designation

I missed out on 15" rims on my 306 XT by about 4 weeks, I was mighty pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by peujohn
    That's a gorgeous car Orestes. I'm jealous.

Is it actually an XT? With 15 inch wheels fitted? Or is it a Rallye, which had those wheels as standard? I would have that that an XT would have the 14 inch wheels.

Doesn't matter anyway. Lovely.
    it is an XT, and yep i think its a great car to

Thread Information