Removing red reflective strip from a 205
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Removing red reflective strip from a 205

Had fun today trying to get the red reflective strip off the back of a 205 without scratching away the silver paint or cracking the strip. We tried knives, a machette, speaker cable, tender loving soft touch, abuse, prayers and in the end managed to do so with...(pause for drum roll) fishing wire!

Advertisement

The strip was stuck on with double sided tape and silicone glue. It was on a S1 GTI and therefore had clips in the way which broke the wire quite often. Just thought this info could be of use for someone else.

PS - I have a red reflective Peugeot 205 GTI strip for sale. I need to clean and polish it and get some photos but if you're interested let me know.
    1991 Peugeot 205 GTi
    1989 Nissan R32 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by Scotchopper
    Had fun today trying to get the red reflective strip off the back of a 205 without scratching away the silver paint or cracking the strip. We tried knives, a machette, speaker cable, tender loving soft touch, abuse, prayers and in the end managed to do so with...(pause for drum roll) fishing wire!

The strip was stuck on with double sided tape and silicone glue. It was on a S1 GTI and therefore had clips in the way which broke the wire quite often. Just thought this info could be of use for someone else.

PS - I have a red reflective Peugeot 205 GTI strip for sale. I need to clean and polish it and get some photos but if you're interested let me know.

you will have no problems selling this item ,many a time there has been a request for it.
    does it read peugeot 205 gti or peugeot 205.
    i would buy it for a spare but im sure i will be hijacked and held for ransom for it.
    try a search and youll see what i mean-BAZZ

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotchopper

How much are you thinking??

Baz, you already have one, don't be selfish
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

dude that was our secret

still trying to track down some wheels
    2008 Fiesta XR4 "ST150"
    -Cosworth cams, Cosworth intake manifold, CIA "K&N", Dream science, De-Cat, Eibach, Bilsteins, White Line sway bar "rear", EBC Rotors and pads, Goodridge brake lines, OZ Racing wheels, Toyo R1R

1964 S2a Land Rover LWB
    -Served with the 1st Australian Task Force, Vietnam, original condition

1994 S3 205 GTI
    -3L 406 V6 Conversion

2009 Husqvarna TE510
    -Blinged

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Free
    How much are you thinking??

Baz, you already have one, don't be selfish
    ok here i was trying to maybe secure a reflective strip for YOU YA BASTARD and i get called selfish.not only that i pm and told him to put it on the forsale section and if you check your pm youll see i notified YOU of it.
    ha ha ha ha aha ha aha-BAZZ

Thread Information