Pugmecca
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Pugmecca

Banned

Default Pugmecca

Mudslides, fallen trees across the road, rivers in flood, 1000 metre cliff drops, blanket fog, wild storms and a ribbon of tar bent in the fist of Mother nature!

This is Pug Run!

The name given by local pug aficionados to the stunning stretch of road from the foothills of the Clyde Mountain to the Coast of NSW!

This road was designed for pugs! To let them breathe freely, stretch their limbs! Do what they are built for!

Advertisement

Every pug owner should make a pilgrimage to Pug Run at least once in their pug's life!

Its not for the novice or the foolhardy as the flowers, crossed sticks and photographs by the side of the road bear testament!

This is concentration-plus! Sweaty palms! Foot more off the accelerator than on, poised above the brake, gravity is hurtling the pug along!

But the pug hangs on! Bend after bend! The rubber squeals! She's not going to let you down! And you make it! In your safe, solid Pug.

And then you want to do it all over again!!!!!

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

the clyde is fun but for i prefer macquarie pass

takes a bit under 5 mins if you are serious but it's 5 mins of absolute joy
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Banned

So I've heard! Yet to check it out!

"5 mins of absolute joy" you say!

No wonder they say "pugging is better than f...ing"!

You could take just about any road through the Adelaide hills and it will have most of those qualities.

Most of the roads here are breathtaking. You can be going along when all of the sudden the road drops steeply downhill and has a 90 bend at the bottom, followed by a series of long left and right sweepers with a hairpin or two thrown in for good measure. There are 100's of K's of roads like this all the way from Victor Harbour to the Barossa Valley.

Ask anyone who's been for a run through the Adelaide hills and they will verify this. However, after several close calls where you find a corner that's been in the shade and is still wet or one that has gravel tossed up onto it you quickly learn that these are roads to be enjoyed at a more cruising pace. The speed limit through most of the hills is 80 - If you can do that everywhere you'll be amazed. I bet though you won't be able to - I can't.

If you want adrenaline pumping fun where you can let it all hang out - go to a race track - either take your car or even just jump in a go-kart, It's much safer because everyone is going the same direction
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lucamote2005
    So I've heard! Yet to check it out!

"5 mins of absolute joy" you say!

No wonder they say "pugging is better than f...ing"!

i wouldn't go that far
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

I know this is far from any of us here. But it's the reason I now own a pug.

On holiday in England, we rented a car, it was a 206 ( the rental crowd picked the car type, but when i saw it whooh was the reaction ).

The bit of road is the 684 across the Yorkshire dales. The road is hemmed in by centuries old stone walls, tight corners then short little straights that dip and rise over constantly rolling country side. You arrive at little villages with houses and buildings made again from the local stone. At places the corner of someone's house is also the corner in the road ( 90 degree corner, not a bend ).

It is like the best possibly rally simulation game, from about 30 years in the future. Given the awesome driving location, I am surprised that it is a quiet part of the country.

And I drove it in a pug . . . Hmmm.

Wheres the clyde hills?
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

Banned

Icon6

[QUOTE=Mic_Col]I know this is far from any of us here. But it's the reason I now own a pug.

The bit of road is the 684 across the Yorkshire dales. The road is hemmed in by centuries old stone walls, tight corners then short little straights that dip and rise over constantly rolling country side. You arrive at little villages with houses and buildings made again from the local stone. At places the corner of someone's house is also the corner in the road ( 90 degree corner, not a bend ).

...its just that the slow moving tractor around the bend sort of sends a chill down my spine!

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_Col
    IThe bit of road is the 684 across the Yorkshire dales. The road is hemmed in by centuries old stone walls, tight corners then short little straights that dip and rise over constantly rolling country side. You arrive at little villages with houses and buildings made again from the local stone. At places the corner of someone's house is also the corner in the road ( 90 degree corner, not a bend ).And I drove it in a pug . . . Hmmm.
    Well, I went across the Dales in 1991 in a Nissan Cherry 1.0 with bald retreads.........bet my adrenalin levels were higher than YOURS!

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MR206
    Wheres the clyde hills?

East of Braidwood or west of Bateman's Bay!

KM limit 25-90

But NSW cops just don't appreciate the need for pugs to be uncaged every now and again. Its one thing to keep a saab in the garage for a week but a pug! Now that's cruel!

cool:

Yeah I did have one real scary moment, they have signs warning of 'Narrow road' or words to that effect. After going through a few and slowing down considerably, then not really seeing any danger I got complacent. Kept my speed up after passing the next warning sign, went over a crest to find a blind 90 degree left hand corner ( not bend ) at the bottom of the drop. With a solid line line of oncoming traffic crawling around the corner leaving me with no margin of error. Well I did make it, with a few choice swears thrown in to help make the moment. I was left shaken but praising the handling and ABS of the Peugeot.

Thread Information