Peugeot 505 radiator
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon5 Peugeot 505 radiator

I have a 505 GTI radiator from a 5/89 station wagon that need a new core
    The webs are starting to break up and the seals leak slightly
    All the local radiator repairers tell me they cant get a a new core without sending the tanks to SA and getting one made at great expense

Advertisement

Any one know where I can get a new core???? !!!
    or a new radiator. I have tried several parts places without success

It has metal tanks which are cripped on. Why Peugeot chaged from the earlier soldered cores I dont know. Plastic tanks need to be cripped on but why copper tanks. All I need is a new core the tanks are OK

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

there is a thread in here that goes into detail on how to fit a holden radiator to a 505

you can either pick from a 6cyl or V8 version (253)

the bonus with going this way is once you have swapped over to a more common radiator if something happens to it again you will have no troubles in finding another one to drop in there
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Default RADIATOR for 505

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Blair
    I have a 505 GTI radiator from a 5/89 station wagon that need a new core
    The webs are starting to break up and the seals leak slightly
    All the local radiator repairers tell me they cant get a a new core without sending the tanks to SA and getting one made at great expense

Any one know where I can get a new core???? !!!
    or a new radiator. I have tried several parts places without success

It has metal tanks which are cripped on. Why Peugeot chaged from the earlier soldered cores I dont know. Plastic tanks need to be cripped on but why copper tanks. All I need is a new core the tanks are OK

Hi Ian,

There is 505 GTI (Douvrin Engine with L jet inj) wagon at Pick A Part Kilsth , Melbourne. The radiator needs a cleanout but is all soldered unit.
    $ 50 if I remember correctly.

Alternatively have a look through the forums - there is post about a 505 with Holden V8 radiator fitted , for improved cooling this may be the way to go if 505 cores are scarce.
    505 Radiator Mod

If the link doesn't work search "505 Radiator mods"

Personally I would avoid crimped tanks or plastic tanks like the plague

Good luck

regards

Robert

I believe I also have one that needs a bit of work, but is a soldered unit...

Can probably have it in Sydney next week.

Fellow Frogger!

I've got a spare good one here but I think it has the wrong fitting for the cap being from an older model 505.
    I believe that the holden camira radiator is very similar in size and mounting to the 505 and it is a cross flow type.
    Alternatively your radiator man will have a book on all the different radiators available and their respective dimensions. That may help in choosing a look alike part.

Tadpole

Thanks all for your suggestions
    I did some more searching and found the following
    1 They are available in the US for $219 US ex stock from Discount Radiators at http://discountradiators.com/
    2 I found another Radiator repairer Roachs Radiator Repairs at North Richmond NSW who has been in business for a long time who had some older radiator manufacturer catalogues and we were able to find the correct core which in the catalogue best matched the one specified for the diesel (mine is a 2.2 lt petrol)and which he is going to solder my tanks onto.The newer catalogues do not list a core for the 505 only the later models We might have to sort out the mounting brackets and fan surround holes a little but should end up with a original looking unit. He said the Qld manufacturer might have to make one if not in stock but did not believe it would be a problem

Thanks everyone for your help
    Ian

Thread Information