I was stupid but you were more stupid!
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Banned

Default I was stupid but you were more stupid!

It was exhilarating, fun, but dumb, real dumb!

You're out there somewhere mystery man! Possibly Queanbeyan NSW?

Two silver 307's streaking through a forest of spotted gums in the late afternoon!

I was right on your tail, you couldn't shake me. We despatched a few stragglers and then had the road to ourselves!

Advertisement

Couldn't you tell I knew the road well, by the way I went into the corners without braking, way above the recommended limit?

But you had to play leader! And you soon realised your mistake! You tried to let me pass as we went up the mountain but I had only 1.6 litres under me, you obviously had 2!

You went faster than me but you were driving too fast for the conditions! They were blind corners we were tearing around! You risked driving smack into the backside of a slow-moving truck and then you'd better pray your air bags worked! And "yes" I was pushing you!

I think I've come across you once before on the Kings Highway and you showed me what you can do! You're good, you're good but you take too many risks! You drive far too fast and overtake when you shouldn't (you nearly caused a prang!). So that was our first and last race, Ok! From now on if I see you its just going to be a finger off the wheel in acknowledgement and hopefully we'll live to drive our pugs for a long while yet!

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

and here i was having a nice cruise to within minutes of the ACT and back today in a 604 without any dramas at all

maybe you should have gone for a drive on this side of the ACT today
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

wow, sounds like something out of the video game, Initial D.

sounds like a vein pumping rush, and an amazingly urgent sight.

betcha youll be telling this story for ages.

hoping that other 307 reads this.
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

They were 307s! How fast could they have been going?!?
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Quote Originally Posted by jastanis
    They were 307s! How fast could they have been going?!?
    i think my 205 might go harder

<--- i mean look at it, have you ever seen that much body roll in a 205

Sounds Fun!!!
    What type of 307 is it???

Cheers
    30780Y

Sounds like fun..... We've had moments like that except there usually is a 206 gti, 206 gti 180, 306 gti 6 and sometimes a citroen xsara vts involved.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    Sounds like fun..... We've had moments like that except there usually is a 206 gti, 206 gti 180, 306 gti 6 and sometimes a citroen xsara vts involved.
    Yep!!! I agree
    Never heard 307 racing each other b4 on AF......
    really the 1st i think........
    I wonder if the 2L 307 is on AF too.......

Quote Originally Posted by 30780Y
    Yep!!! I agree
    Never heard 307 racing each other b4 on AF......
    really the 1st i think........
    I wonder if the 2L 307 is on AF too.......
    Well I've never heard of 307's doing much else apart from carting the shopping home either but there's a first time for everything

That is apart from the 307 WRC's but then again they didnt do so well last year.....
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!

Well I've never heard of 307's doing much else apart from carting the shopping home either but there's a first time for everything

That is apart from the 307 WRC's but then again they didnt do so well last year.....
    HAHA!!!
    I'm also suprise y the 307 is so disappointing compared to the gti6
    the 307 is bigger and slower
    Regret i got 1 too......Too bad cant do anything about it now......

Im also disappointing with the 307WRC last yr...... I guess it is heavier and harder to control compare to the great 206WRC.......Wish them luck for this final year though

HAHA!!!
    I'm also suprise y the 307 is so disappointing compared to the gti6
    the 307 is bigger and slower
    Regret i got 1 too......Too bad cant do anything about it now......

Im also disappointing with the 307WRC last yr...... I guess it is heavier and harder to control compare to the great 206WRC.......Wish them luck for this final year though
    The 307 XSi (the 3 door one) looked ok. However it needs more power. If only they'd put the 133kw motor out of the GTi 180 into it. Might have given it a bit more kick. As it is when I'm due to replace the GTi im looking at a MK 5 Golf - If only Peugeot had a GTi version of the 307.....

There looks to have been a rule change that could help the 307WRC, cars with longer wheelbases are allowed to increase their track so this should give the 307 a bit more stability. With Marko Martin joining Marcus it gives Peugeot a strong driver pairing on all surfaces to help them secure the manufacturers championship.

Was just checking the Peugeot Sport site!!!
    And saw this pic
    Has they blackened the headlight of the 307wrc??? Cos it look nice!!!
    http://www.peugeot.com/default_sport_rallye.htm?lang=en

The 307 XSi (the 3 door one) looked ok. However it needs more power. If only they'd put the 133kw motor out of the GTi 180 into it. Might have given it a bit more kick. As it is when I'm due to replace the GTi im looking at a MK 5 Golf - If only Peugeot had a GTi version of the 307.....
    I also had a look at the MK5 ...... But i think the finishing of the car isnt as gd as the MK4 (only a personal opinion) Only the look had little bit improvement (esp the 1 at this yr sydney motor show......that look so nice)......Pity VW wont bring a 3 door gti MK5 to Aus
    I also wish the xsi engine was the 180 engine...... It would make ppl like the 307 a little bit more ......i hope!!! HAHA

IIt would make ppl like the 307 a little bit more ......i hope!!! HAHA
    The only thing that would make people like the 307 a little more would be if it was a 306

Quote Originally Posted by Industrie
    The only thing that would make people like the 307 a little more would be if it was a 306
    I also love the gti6, but
    If i can chose again
    i would buy a 206gti180 over then a gti6 still
    Sorry mate!!!

I also love the gti6, but
    If i can chose again
    i would buy a 206gti180 over then a gti6 still
    Sorry mate!!!

Hmmmmm... Not quite my point. And please, lets not delve into that argument again. I haven't quite recovered from the last round.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrie
    Hmmmmm... Not quite my point. And please, lets not delve into that argument again. I haven't quite recovered from the last round.
    Let just put it this way
    the 306 and the 307 is 2 totally different car!!!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by lucamote2005
    They were blind corners we were tearing around! You risked driving smack into the backside of a slow-moving truck
    ...or wiped out the majority of a family travelling the other way.
    'stupid' doesn't even begin to cover it from where I'm standing...and all for what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Casey
    ...or wiped out the majority of a family travelling the other way.
    'stupid' doesn't even begin to cover it from where I'm standing...and all for what?
    I'll second that. Leave the fast driving for the track guys, some of us do carry valuable cargo in our cars. I am all for fast cars, but the open road is NOT the place to prove how fast your car is or how stupid you are. Yes I am guilty of idiot behaviour inyears past, and wish I had the maturity I do now to see how dumb it was. I never came to greif, or got caught, but I must have just been lucky.
    This type of behaviour is similar to yesterday's front page article in the Sunday Mail, (Qld). Two fools racing through a bayside town near Brisbane at 140km/h+ and only regret getting caught. I won't comment because it'd be deleted
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Zen

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY
    I'll second that. Leave the fast driving for the track guys, some of us do carry valuable cargo in our cars. I am all for fast cars, but the open road is NOT the place to prove how fast your car is or how stupid you are. Yes I am guilty of idiot behaviour inyears past, and wish I had the maturity I do now to see how dumb it was. I never came to greif, or got caught, but I must have just been lucky.
    This type of behaviour is similar to yesterday's front page article in the Sunday Mail, (Qld). Two fools racing through a bayside town near Brisbane at 140km/h+ and only regret getting caught. I won't comment because it'd be deleted
    In full agreement on those comments. The risk just outways the consequences. Take it to the track, there's a greatly reduced risk of inflicting the consequences on a bystander and if you're really stupid and bingle your car, you'll learn maturity fast.

That article in the paper was horrific. A Commodore (male driver, female passenger and an infant in the back) and a Torana (female driver with three infants in the vehicle). Some people just shouldn't procreate.

Rich

codito ergo sum == code monkey

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

Quote Originally Posted by Zen
    That article in the paper was horrific. A Commodore (male driver, female passenger and an infant in the back) and a Torana (female driver with three infants in the vehicle). Some people just shouldn't procreate.

Rich
    No more is needed really. What a goose the guy is though, tried to use the excuse the cars were restored as an arguement in his favour.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

1000+ Posts

Ahh how quickley memories of Justin (Pug307) and his 307 1.6 Automatic antics on the Melbourne cruises have faded.

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Sergetov
    Ahh how quickley memories of Justin (Pug307) and his 307 1.6 Automatic antics on the Melbourne cruises have faded.
    He always seemed rather restrained on those runs. Watcha talking about ? Production 307 and fast? - never seen those two words in the same sentence before oxymoron ?

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

nJm

I'll never forget the day Justin took me on a drive just afer he had bought new alloys and tyres for his 307. I have never felt such strong g-forces from cornering. Sure there was a little understeer at times, but he had pretty much worked out the art of lift-off oversteer by then so it managed it extremely well.

If you think a 307 being punted down Mount Donna Buang is bad you should have seen us in a stock standard 2002ish model Volvo S40 4cyl automatic. It managed it surprising well for what is regarded as one of the worst handling FWD euro sedans of the past 5 years or so.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by nJm
    I have never felt such strong g-forces from cornering.
    Is it possible on a 307???

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information