Pug Protocols
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Pug Protocols

Banned

Default Pug Protocols

So I'm out on the open road and I see another Pug coming toward me. Out of courtesy I glance in the Pug's direction, usually at the Pug badge, and if its a Pug like mine I even look at the driver. But when the other driver looks straight ahead, I get a little miffed! Particularly when its an identical Pug. Now I think some ground rules need to be laid down here and P ug drivers who don't acknowledge each other out on the open raod should be reported to the UN or something!

Advertisement

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

flash your lights and hang 1/2 your body out of the car whilst waving vigorously

that's bound to get their attention and maybe if enough do it they will then learn and pass on the trend
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    flash your lights and hang 1/2 your body out of the car whilst waving vigorously

that's bound to get their attention and maybe if enough do it they will then learn and pass on the trend
    There is a big difference between a Pug owner and a Pug lover. A lot of Pug owners never even seem to recognise another Pug on the road (same model or not) even if there is somebody hanging out the window waving and flashing the lights. Probably just think you're just another nut on the road and will go on their way none the wiser.

However the Pug lover can recognise another Pug about a kilometre away. Even has a pretty good knowledge of the Cit and Reno as well. Pugrambo can probably pick another 604 at 10 kms. If you get two Pug lovers together they are both hanging out the window waving at each other!

Unfortunately seems to be more Pug owners than Pug lovers.

Just the way it is these days ..... what's the world coming too ????

Peter J.
    PJ

Banned

You're right Peter J. I don't like to say this but it must be said ... female pug owners seem to be the worst at being oblivious to other pug drivers. I think a pug is wasted on a female! But they do seem to like those little cut-off pugs (206? convertible)!

My wife is a female .... and she certainly not Pug aware. She sits beside me and pours a load on me every time I wave at an oncoming Pug. I think the only wave I have had back in the last twleve months was once when she wasn't with me.

However I will continue the crusade and will keep waving ... for the cause .. despite such opposition ... I'm a true believer ... the protocol must be maintained at all costs ..... even half hanging out the window and flashin' the lights .... and when I get the orange rotating light on the top of the Kidney Kar Rally 504 I will give that a spin too .... let's give our all brothers ....

I think I better go to bed .....

Peter J.
    PJ

1000+ Posts

That's because they look like a pram and they expect to see a baby in it.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

my other 1/2 picks pugs out as we drive through a town or see one on the road so she has learnt well

would she wave at one

probably not but she doesn't mind if i give the wave to any that we pass on the road or stop to stick a flyer or sticker under the wiper
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    That's because they look like a pram and they expect to see a baby in it.
    Hey! Some guy with a 206CC posted about girls waving to him before this comment I made and has now deleted it! What gives?

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    Hey! Some guy with a 206CC posted about girls waving to him before this comment I made and has now deleted it! What gives?

it wasn't me sir, honest
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

[QUOTE=Peter J]My wife is a female .... and she certainly not Pug aware. She sits beside me and pours a load on me every time I wave at an oncoming Pug. I think the only wave I have had back in the last twleve months was once when she wasn't with me.
    QUOTE]

I hear you Peter!

But in my case it's more the rolling of the eyes than the all out abuse!

Nick

I think it's one of those things that is unfortunately disappearing from our culture. Perhaps there should be a code of conduct inserted with the manual of every new Pug.?

Jap bike owners wave at each over. Harley owners wave at each other. But Harley owners don't wave at Jap owners. I'm not sure where that leaves Italian bikes.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

a mate of mine had an 851 duc and he used to nod at another one if he saw one

the pug wave is dying the same as all the old type dealers we used to have.

the wave only survives with the enthusiast but if we keep it alive it may just survive
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by lucamote2005
    You're right Peter J. I don't like to say this but it must be said ... female pug owners seem to be the worst at being oblivious to other pug drivers. I think a pug is wasted on a female! But they do seem to like those little cut-off pugs (206? convertible)!

This female pug owner will wave at any fellow pugger. Even if they drive one of those 307?convertible things heh heh

I dont like to say this but it must be said.... male pug owners seem to be the worst.....

Icon10 Are U Sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J
    My wife is a female ....
    Thanks for the confirmation....

1000+ Posts

Waiting to pull out onto a busy dual carriageway the other day, I saw an older guy looking at me in a metallic green 505 diesel go past at the last minute. I quickly raised my hand, and immediately got a full on wave. Good stuff. It's the post 205/405 brigade that are too good for waves, except for the occasional 306 owner who knows what they're driving...the 306 is the 'acknowledgement transitional model'.

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

it changes as the cars get older

it used to be 505 drivers that never waved but now these cars are owned by pug nuts and the newer pugs have taken their place

i lost count years ago on how many 505 drivers would never wave

these days i wave to anything french but i only get waves back from either locals or pre early 90's pugs

i see the occasional cit but they never wave and rens never seem to wave but i did actually get a wave from a bloke in a black fuego the other day when i was in the 604

i do get more waves back in the 604 than the 306 but then the 604 does stand out that bit more
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

UFO

Well a few months ago we had a Pug 504 owner wave at a fast moving procession of CitroŽns on the Princes Hwy south of Batemans Bay. Obviously a driver who knows classy and friendly cars when he sees them.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Default Doing my bit for the Ladies

I am an avid waver! I always wave at Civic owners (my current car) and NO ONE ever waves back. I pick up my 307 on Friday and am looking forward to some seriously enthusiastic waving at fellow Froggys. So all Brisbane Frogs, limber up and get those hands waving!!

Kitty

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xonicjan

This female pug owner will wave at any fellow pugger. Even if they drive one of those 307?convertible things heh heh

I dont like to say this but it must be said.... male pug owners seem to be the worst.....
    Apologies. If you belong to a Pug Chat Site xonicjan I guess you are a pug lover but ... I must say this is rare to find in a female and you probably only like the pug for its appearance 'cos its cool! I mean, I do too, I think Pugs are very cool but I also love, rather stupidly, to test its dynamics through the twistie bits on the Kings Highway (Canberra to Bateman's Bay). On some of those big sweeping overtaking lanes,I get real looks of surprise as the mighty 307 powers by a saab with its wheels almost buckled under in understeer?

So, xonicjan, do you ever test your car's dynamics or did you buy your pug 'cos its pretty or as one post cleverly suggested, its looks like a pram!

PS and if male pug owners are the worst then its obviously because they are in love ... with their Peugeots!
    Last edited by lucamote2005; 16th January 2005 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty
    I always wave at Civic owners (my current car) and NO ONE ever waves back.
    your waving at every Civic? so every second car you wave at? how do you get time to drive with all this waving occuring?

if i see an older model Peugeot driving around, ill wave at it. but not the new ones, i have been snubbed one too many times by them.
    2013 Megane RS 265 Trophy

I get lots of waves from fellow GTi drivers - none from other 206s, 307s or 406s. Other than that, the earlier Pugs usually wave in some form or another.

I often wave at Cits, but they rarely respond unless you are driving a Cit (or they know who you are ).

The only Renaults I usually see are Lagunas and Scenics, and they roundly ignore everyone on the road
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Icon7

whoa, this is my first post here, it's kinda scary..

i wave! i come from 27 years of pug loving (i grew up in a 504 wagon, first car was a 404, second car was a 404!) and i have a 206cc at the moment. don't judge me!! it was time to get a grown up pug, i didn't have the time to give the 404s the love they deserved so they've gone to a better place.

yep, i'm a cute chick in a 206cc but i could talk your ear off about pugs... but i do get tired of explaining to my friends "no, i don't know that guy, we just both have peugeots so we wave"... i love it...

Quote Originally Posted by lensflare
    whoa, this is my first post here, it's kinda scary..
    Well then,

Welcome to AussieFrogs

I don't suppose you would be planning on driving to Paris in any of those cars, by any chance
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu
    your waving at every Civic? so every second car you wave at? how do you get time to drive with all this waving occuring?
    Haha!! I should have been a little more precise there...I wave at all the Civ's like mine.

Banned

[QUOTE=lensflare]whoa, this is my first post here, it's kinda scary..

i wave! i come from 27 years of pug loving (i grew up in a 504 wagon, first car was a 404, second car was a 404!)

Did you (and the rest of the Forum) know, lensflare, that SMH journo Emma Tom grew up in a Peugeot family? Didn't know that did ya! But she did! When she was a kid did her family wave at other Pugs on the road?
    Perhaps Emma would want to share her pug experiences? I'll write and find out!
    http://theaustralian.news.com.au/com...E12274,00.html

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information