non genuine replacement air filter
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

non genuine replacement air filter

I'm looking to replace the panel filter on my 98 306 Xsi, I was looking to get a K&n replacement one but Peps said it will take them 4 weeks to get one from America but it will cost 135 for the filter and 30 for freight. I'd rather get the K&N over the peugeot one, the pug one looks a little flimsy. Maybe someone here has had good/bad experiences with non peugeot air filters?
    and i'm not after the pod types, just a panel filter replacement.
    thanks

Advertisement

I use a Jetex Response filter in my 205GTI.
    Had it air-freighted over from the UK a few years ago, and have been perfectly happy with it.

They are not too expensive either (cheaper than the K&N equivalent, but I don't know how they compare in other respects).

Here's a link
    <a href="http://jetex.co.uk/Jetexwebsite/airfilters/Direct%20Replacement%20Filters.htm" target="_blank">http://jetex.co.uk/Jetexwebsite/airfilters/Direct%20Replacement%20Filters.htm</a>

Cheers
    Mark

I use a Jetex Response filter in my 205GTI.
    Had it air-freighted over from the UK a few years ago, and have been perfectly happy with it.

They are not too expensive either (cheaper than the K&N equivalent, but I don't know how they compare in other respects).

Here's a link
    <a href="http://jetex.co.uk/Jetexwebsite/airfilters/Direct%20Replacement%20Filters.htm" target="_blank">http://jetex.co.uk/Jetexwebsite/airfilters/Direct%20Replacement%20Filters.htm</a>

Cheers
    Mark

I paid $26.50 for an Mi16 air filter from Goodwins in Cessnock last weekend.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

1000+ Posts
    Pugsly,

Go Gear Racing Services in Perth (motorsport supplier) has just about every K&N you can get (well, maybe a slight exaggeration, but a lot of stock) on the shelf.

Try them on 08 9443 4400 or 08 9443 1764

For general info, they have every generic pod type filter and pancake filter too - just mention the size you need and they'll almost certainly have it.

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Fellow Frogger!
    I called a couple of places for a pipercross and a K&N replacement BUT both were to come from overseas so would tkae 2 months they said. I just ended up getting a genuine pug one, $26! i was expecting to pay 40 because thats what the guy said over the phone. I took my old filter out, man was it dirty!!! The car drives better now, who would have thought a dirty air filter made such a difference (or it might just be my imagination)

Tadpole
    try bmc italian panel filter works very well on my 206 gti improvemets on power and economy

Pugsly:
    I called a couple of places for a pipercross and a K&N replacement BUT both were to come from overseas so would tkae 2 months they said. I just ended up getting a genuine pug one, $26! i was expecting to pay 40 because thats what the guy said over the phone. I took my old filter out, man was it dirty!!! The car drives better now, who would have thought a dirty air filter made such a difference (or it might just be my imagination)
    2 months is a joke. When I order light parts from autofive in the UK they are here within ten days. Better than the local dealer can do! Its only heavy items that take time as the airmail is too expensive. A filter should be quick to get hold of.
    >>>>>>>>autofive.co.uk

ipb

Thread Information