106 gti problem?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 106 gti problem?

he folks,im just new on here so hope some1 can help me,i have a r reg 106 gti,slightly modded,was driving to largs the other day in torential rain and suddenly my wipers stopped,so i pulled over to learn that was more wrong,i now have no window wipers,no electric windows no brake lighs no reverse lighs no indicators(although the hazards work) no power steering and the battery light on my dashboard is always on,could really do with some knowledge from some1 on the subject so i dont need to pay stupid amounts gettin it fixed,any help would be much appreciated thanx folks!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by chr1ssy106gti
    he folks,im just new on here so hope some1 can help me,i have a r reg 106 gti,slightly modded,was driving to largs the other day in torential rain and suddenly my wipers stopped,so i pulled over to learn that was more wrong,i now have no window wipers,no electric windows no brake lighs no reverse lighs no indicators(although the hazards work) no power steering and the battery light on my dashboard is always on,could really do with some knowledge from some1 on the subject so i dont need to pay stupid amounts gettin it fixed,any help would be much appreciated thanx folks!
    wet electricals ?? let the thing dry out and see what happens, Other then that, maybe a battery that's dieing ?? how longs it been since the battery was replaced

Tadpole

its not all electrics tho mate,my headlights still work,so do my heaters and cd player! ive been runnin it to and from work without the rest for a few days now,had plenty time to dry out,been told it might be a fused link,a relay or an ignition feed,because all the things that dont work seem to need an ignition feed!

Quote Originally Posted by chr1ssy106gti
    its not all electrics tho mate,my headlights still work,so do my heaters and cd player! ive been runnin it to and from work without the rest for a few days now,had plenty time to dry out,been told it might be a fused link,a relay or an ignition feed,because all the things that dont work seem to need an ignition feed!
    it may be as simple as a fuse that's blown ?? just trying to weed out all the other stuff before you go spending lots of $$$'s to fix something stupid
    Last edited by orestes; 14th January 2005 at 11:57 AM.

Thread Information