205 Rear Beam Rebuild
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205 Rear Beam Rebuild

OK.
    So im just getting my Rear beam rebuilt at the moment. The parts i got were the 4 bearings. New shafts and the 2 seals. I got the lot from auto france for just over 400. My tube is in fine condition so i dont need a new one. I should have it back next week sometime so ill post what the difference is when i get it back.

Reagrds Cam

Advertisement

PS. Is there anywhere in Aust where i can get spacers for the back wheels to be pushed out about 15mm.
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Fellow Frogger!

Not sure of the s05 rear hub set up, but on the 306 there was a lip off about 8mm around the hub where the wheel sits, therefor if you run 15mm spacers the cars weight will only be supported by the wheel spacers.

There is a way around this but getting custom spacers made up that increase the lip area around the hub so it all secure, guess you may have to speak to some sort off engineers to spin some up for you.

Cheers

P.s I have a full rear set up of my s16 laying in the back yard if your intrested let me know

Default Any update?

Cam,
    Any update on the rear beam rebuild?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by cam85
    OK.
    PS. Is there anywhere in Aust where i can get spacers for the back wheels to be pushed out about 15mm.
    Cam

I went through this exercise two years ago to correctly position some after market mag wheels that came with my son's BMW. I was repeatedly told that spacers are illegal in Australia. The position in NSW is that they are allowed only if they are OEM supply, and I have noticed wheel spacers to be common for a number of mercedes and bmws.

Anyway, I could not find a supplier in Australia so I finally obtained the spacers I needed and [also importantly] <u>longer</u> wheel bolts from a location in the USA over the Internet. The goods arrived by UPS in a few days.

15mm is quite as distance so you should check that the wheel bolts are long enough. The bolt thread should engage the full distance in the wheel hub. Also, the wheel should not protrude beyond the wheel arch.

cheers

Denis

1000+ Posts

i have 10mm spacers on PIG 205 and got the longer lugs from Melb. cheers jr

PS ; to be legal they must be in 6 threads at least
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Thread Information