new alarm
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: new alarm

Ants

Default new alarm

hey guys,

i just had a CODE alarm installed in my car yesterday, and when they hook it up, they hooked it up to the central wiring thing, so that it feeds to all 4 doors.....

but the rear doors dont have a little switch that the front doors have on the metal part inbetween the front and rear doors....which means, that if someone openes the rear doors, the alarm wont go off....

does anyone know where i can get these small switches??? the guy who installed the alarm, said that once the switches go in, it will work, cos its all lying there in wait.

also, how do i change the light in the boot??? i cant seem to figure out how

Advertisement

cheers

Anthony

You can get these switches from Jaycar or Dicksmith Electronics, but they need to have holes cut to fit in, do you really want to have extra holes cut in you car? The are not expensive, and just have a cable conected to the same wire on the front doors.
    Depending on the model, CODE alarms have internal dome light sensing, so when the internal light comes the alarm triggers. Do your rear doors turn the interior light on? If YES your installer can connnect the alarm to this, if not you will need switches.
    The other option is magnetic surface mounted switches, over time thought they can turn into a pain in the ass, as they might not work or mis-align, but these require no holes cut. - Chris
    ... ptui!

Ants

Quote Originally Posted by CHRI'S16
    You can get these switches from Jaycar or Dicksmith Electronics, but they need to have holes cut to fit in, do you really want to have extra holes cut in you car? The are not expensive, and just have a cable conected to the same wire on the front doors.
    Depending on the model, CODE alarms have internal dome light sensing, so when the internal light comes the alarm triggers. Do your rear doors turn the interior light on? If YES your installer can connnect the alarm to this, if not you will need switches.
    The other option is magnetic surface mounted switches, over time thought they can turn into a pain in the ass, as they might not work or mis-align, but these require no holes cut. - Chris
    Thanks chris, that was a great help.

ive had a look at the doors, and the holes are already there i think, it just has a black sticker put over them to cover it up.

from what i remember the installer said something about how he has already run the wires there, and that all that needs to be done is put those switches in, and it should work fine.

ill take a look at dicksmith, or jaycar today, and see what i can find.

once again, cheers

Anthony

Thread Information