206 issues
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 206 issues

Tadpole

Default 206 issues

hi, some, ?, re my new 206xra.
    1. trans sometimes wont go into drive, have to give it a good shove to engage D, also the dash read out will display N or even R when in forward motion ??, car has 500k on the clock, will it sort its self out with a few more k's.
    2.what is a good rear muffler to fit, as i need to hear the car running, not into the drain pipe affairs, just a nice note is all i am after.
    any help appreciated.
    cheers
    graham

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by gke60
    1. trans sometimes wont go into drive, have to give it a good shove to engage D, also the dash read out will display N or even R when in forward motion ??, car has 500k on the clock, will it sort its self out with a few more k's.
    I've driven quite a few 206 auto's and none of them have any problem shifting into drive (or any gear for that matter). I would suggest that you take the car the dealer and get them to look at it, wouldn't rely on it to just "sort itself out".

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by gke60
    2.what is a good rear muffler to fit, as i need to hear the car running, not into the drain pipe affairs, just a nice note is all i am after.
    any help appreciated.
    cheers
    graham
    1. as troy said take it back... letting it sort it self sounds VERY complacent.
    2. Perhaps ask your dealer for a DEVIL exhaust as a few limited GTI's had this option for a while. - Chris
    ... ptui!

Thread Information