GTi 180 4 $ALE!
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: GTi 180 4 $ALE!

Quote Originally Posted by Farzam
    Howdy People,

Just wanted to leave a post for anyone who maybe interested in purchasing my GTi 180.

The car has almost done 10,000Kms. It has been professionally lowered using Eibach springs, fully polished stainless steel rear muffler (twin tip), 6 stack CD player, blue tint, factory electronic slide-in sunroof and upgraded peugeot sound system (rear speakers).

First serviced at 1000Kms and then at 5000Kms, this car is absolutely immaculate.

Price - $38,000 ono.

If anyone is interested, please call me on 0412 644 008.

Regards,

Farzam
    Sounds nice - Although I didnt think that the sunroof was availible on the 180 due to possible rigidity problems with cutting a hole in the roof?

Do you have any pictures you can post?

Advertisement
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    Sounds nice - Although I didnt think that the sunroof was availible on the 180 due to possible rigidity problems with cutting a hole in the roof?
    They didn't, although "some" dealers put them in for customers as after market, you may be forgiven for thinking it was a factory fit.

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Price - $38,000 ono.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbook.com.au
    average kms
    18,000 - 22,000

Trade in price guide*
    $25,200 - $28,600

National average price - private sale*
    $27,800 - $31,600

Price when new (RRP)
    $34,990
    Hey did you ever find out what your car dynoed in the end? You said you'd get back to us in the below thread. You're not related to a bloke called Grant are you?

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/sho...089#post139089

Redbook

So so accurate....

XTC

Farzam,

I suggest if you want to advertise your GTi180 on AF, without having to worry about people passing aspersions on the price you are asking, stick it in the "Cars for Sale" section. That is locked to admin and the original poster so people can't carry on arguments whether it's a good price or not ... it's not like you can answer back to a newspaper ad. But while it's in here, it's for all and sundry to comment on.

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Reno
    Redbook

So so accurate....
    Redbook is a lot more accurate than you would think. Redbook prices initially seem lower when compared to adverts in the newspapers. However, the price advertised is not necessarily the price at which the vehicle is sold. Redbook prices generally correlate very well to what you would expect to pay/receive for a used car. However, most people aren't aware of this fact unless they happen to know someone who processes vehicle stamp duty in their state's transport regulatory service group.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

most people aren't aware of this fact unless they happen to know someone who processes vehicle stamp duty in their state's transport regulatory service group.

.....have you ever wondered how many people actually put down the exact cost
    of the vehicle down on paper..???
    .....I can not remeber ever doing it.....
    An old merc I bought a few years ago for close to $8K (bargain at that) ended up only being put down as being worth around $3K, the sum I paid duty on.....So I would not necesarrrily assume such a source as being most accurate....Although I hear they ve changed a few things now...not as easy...but still possible.....

cheers

dino

yeah...

i had an old car.... which was worth $15,000 in the condition i had it. when i bought it was pout down as $1000, which is about what an unmaintained one is worth.

in QLD it is very easy to dodge the taxman, when buying a second hand car

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

i'll just move this thread around a bit and put the relevant post into the for sale section
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Icon8

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    Hey did you ever find out what your car dynoed in the end? You said you'd get back to us in the below thread. You're not related to a bloke called Grant are you?

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/sho...089#post139089

Gee Brenno your real funny

What ever he posted you would have disagreed with or picked something wrong with the results anyway its your style.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread

Grant. soon to be a clio-less.

Quote Originally Posted by dino
    .....have you ever wondered how many people actually put down the exact cost
    of the vehicle down on paper..???
    .....I can not remeber ever doing it.....
    An old merc I bought a few years ago for close to $8K (bargain at that) ended up only being put down as being worth around $3K, the sum I paid duty on.....So I would not necesarrrily assume such a source as being most accurate....Although I hear they ve changed a few things now...not as easy...but still possible.....

cheers

dino
    I didn't think it was all that easy to put a fake number. Maybe different states have different methods, but when I bought my car down here, as well as when I sold my car, the price put down on the relevant piece of paper that is processed for both registration and stamp duty is signed by both the buyer and seller. So of course if both buyer and seller agreed to break the law so that the buyer can evade tax then yes I can see how that can work. But the seller would have to be either a very good friend or a bloody idiot.

- 306 gti6

hehheh...either way....there is either 2 many idiots around or they just happen to be half decent human beings ( this could be the reason they might makew good friends).....I think its commonly aligned with mateship.....I ve always agreed to put down lower than sold price for duty purposes even when not asked I suggested it...offer was always taken...whenever I ve bought a car, either I suggested it (but would never force the issue) or it was offered to me.....which is cool.....maybe I ve just been lucky (maybe I m just a fool), either way.....government gets much more than it deserves during such transactions...

cheers

dino

yeah...

i had an old car.... which was worth $15,000 in the condition i had it. when i bought it was pout down as $1000, which is about what an unmaintained one is worth.

in QLD it is very easy to dodge the taxman, when buying a second hand car
    So do tell me how it works in Qld??

This is how it works in SA:

<b>Selling a vehicle</b>

Registration must be transferred within 14 days from the date of sale.

If you sell a vehicle you should

1. At the time of sale fill in the Disposal Notice at the top, reverse side of the Certificate of Registration which <b>both you and the buyer must sign.</b>

2. Keep the Disposal Notice as proof of sale of the vehicle.

3. Notify your nearest Customer Service Centre of the sale of the vehicle. This can be done over the Internet – click here, the phone or in writing to make sure that no further correspondence will be sent to you regarding the vehicle.

4. <b>Sign and give the transfer application on the reverse side of the Certificate of Registration to the new owner.</b>

If you do not have the current Certificate of Registration, you can apply for a replacement at any Customer Service Centre.

Transfer of registration is different to transfer of ownership, so make sure you give a receipt to the person buying the car as proof of sale.

The person buying the vehicle will need to call into or send the transfer form to the nearest Customer Service Centre with the required fees within 14 days from the date of sale.

- 306 gti6

yeah its pretty timilar here

essentially the seller needs enough paperwprk to go to Queenslad Transport and do the change of vehicle ownership.

what has always happened to me in the cars i have owned, the seller just signs where necesseary and says, here you go mate... fill in the digits however you want.

maybe its just a QLD layed back thing?

but never had any problems with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxman
    Gee Brenno your real funny

What ever he posted you would have disagreed with or picked something wrong with the results anyway its your style.
    What results? There were no results to start with, which is my point in its entirety really.

what has always happened to me in the cars i have owned, the seller just signs where necesseary and says, here you go mate... fill in the digits however you want.
    Yeah fair enough. I guess no one takes it seriously because they don't know anyone who's been busted for it under tax evasion.

- 306 gti6

Tadpole

Well in answer to the price of the car, it was advertised for $39,990 + on road costs. That is is plain trim with no stacker, roof etc etc...

I'm not aware of what they are going for brand new but thats how much they were at the time.

And yes I was the one who was performing some tuning mods.

At this stage I am waiting for an induction kit for it to arrive and have also located a suitable UNICHIP ECU to assist with the dyno tuning.

I will post the results but at this stage have nothing...

howcome you are doing all of these mods if you are selling????

did you get a money tree in the January Sales???

Well in answer to the price of the car, it was advertised for $39,990 + on road costs.
    Whaaat!?!? Where on earth did you buy the car? I thought the price has always been $34,990 + on road costs. The most I've heard anyone pay for a brand spanking new '180 was 38K on the road. Some people paid far less, but most paid between 37 to 38K on road. From the price you're saying it was supposedly advertised for, that's almost 43K on the road!

Can anyone else confirm whether any dealership had ever advertised it at 39,990 + on road?

- 306 gti6

Quote Originally Posted by jastanis
    Whaaat!?!? Where on earth did you buy the car? I thought the price has always been $34,990 + on road costs. The most I've heard anyone pay for a brand spanking new '180 was 38K on the road. Some people paid far less, but most paid between 37 to 38K on road. From the price you're saying it was supposedly advertised for, that's almost 43K on the road!

Can anyone else confirm whether any dealership had ever advertised it at 39,990 + on road?

I paid $35,200 including on roads. It was brand new (not a demo) & standard. The on roads were about 3 grand, so I really got the car for about $32,000. If you paid $39,990 for it without on roads you were ripped.

$34,990 was what they were when they went on sale.... months before they arrived here. I know cos thats when I ordered mine.

Sorry that must hurt to read, but thats the truth. Any more and you were getting ripped. They were pretty much always this price. When i purchased my GTi rallye in March 2003 I asked for an estimeate then and was told 35k.... i then ordered it laster that year @ $34,990 with a few bonuses thrown in.

BTW I sold my GTi rallye for around the $27k mark..... so it dropped 3k in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybunnyv2
    BTW I sold my GTi rallye for around the $27k mark..... so it dropped 3k in a year.
    Only 3k in a year? I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrie
    Only 3k in a year? I'm impressed.
    It took me a while.... but then again it was in good shape and being a rallye it had every option going.

I count myself lucky really

Quote Originally Posted by jastanis
    Redbook is a lot more accurate than you would think. .
    You think so???. AAMI have done their own research because I rasied an issue about the second year coverage onlying being $27K. They have found Redbook was incorrect and that the average re-sale is about $33-35K.

They've been very good to me and with my mods have insured me for $40K I love AAMI!

Quote Originally Posted by blu180
    You think so???. AAMI have done their own research because I rasied an issue about the second year coverage onlying being $27K. They have found Redbook was incorrect and that the average re-sale is about $33-35K.

They've been very good to me and with my mods have insured me for $40K I love AAMI!
    Yeah I do actually. Redbook actually states what works out to be between $28500-32500 inclusive of stamp duty for a 2004 '180 depending on kms.

A brand new '180 is 38K drive away for most people, with some picking it up for a few grand less. The prices you say AAMI found for 2nd yr average resale works out to be between $34200-36300 inclusive of stamp duty. I'm sure there are some people out there that will pay that much for a used one....

- 306 gti6

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information