French Car Care
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: French Car Care

Default French Car Care

I suspect that this questions has been asked many times but I can't seem to find anything. Can anyone advise on what French Car Care are like in Woolloongabba in Brisbane? I just noticed them the other day after going to the supermarket. I had a chat with the bloke and he seemed alright and have booked the car in for a service.

Advertisement
    Toast, the best thing since sliced bread!

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning
    I suspect that this questions has been asked many times but I can't seem to find anything. Can anyone advise on what French Car Care are like in Woolloongabba in Brisbane? I just noticed them the other day after going to the supermarket. I had a chat with the bloke and he seemed alright and have booked the car in for a service.
    French Car Care are quite good as is Richard the spare parts bloke. Le French Moteur in Trafalgar St are also very good and so is Stuey from Peugeotech.

But if you run into a little hairy wombat don't let him anywhere near your car. I think he's been shut down now thank christ.

Quote Originally Posted by graham66
    But if you run into a little hairy wombat don't let him anywhere near your car. I think he's been shut down now thank christ.
    Who are you refering to there?

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. Peugeotech in Northgate. They know their stuff & don't cost the earth, but are very popular & busy. So best get in early.

Thanks guys. Who is this hariy wombat you are referring to? Does he work at French Car Care or is he a seperate companhy altogether?
    Toast, the best thing since sliced bread!

I believe Graham is talking about another Peugeot speciallist that was in a popular car named street in Wooloongabba. He got out of it about a year ago.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    02 and 03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee +

Default New car service

I am wondering if anyone from Bris can tell me about City Peugeot for servicing?

Thanks
    Kitty

I had my 306 serviced at City Pug while under warranty, just to save possible future dramas with any claim. Two small warranty items were handled well. Jobs, I believe were done OK and car was washed, which I would rather do myself.

I would still go to Robert at Le french moteur, Stuart at Peugeot Tech, or Denis at French car care, if I did not do everything myself.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    02 and 03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee +

Tadpole

I had an electrical problem with my car. French Car Care charged me $143 for a scan test they said revealed no issues. The problem persisted so I took it to an auto electrician, who fixed it in half an hour for $69. I complained to Fair Trading, who passed the case to MTAQ, who told me “[We are] not a regulatory body. We are unable to make any judgement calls or rulings.” So it looks like French Car Care will continue to get away with the practice of taking money for nothing. If you enjoy throwing your cash away, take your car to French Car Care – they’ll help you.

1000+ Posts

You're a bit scant on detail there Mike. What exactly was wrong and what did you ask them to do?

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

I called them for a quote on an auto transmission flush (AM6), they told me it was a 'lifetime' fluid that would never need replacing.. right.

I go to Euroserve in Bowen Hills, their manhour rate is lower than Peugeottech and the service is no doubt the most professional I've ever received from a mechanic. They document all maintenance, adhere to official logbook procedures and their attention to detail is near aircraft grade.

I reckon Greencoupe might call you out on that. (Although I own the hard evidence these days.)

Thread Information