Advice for 504 left w/screen wiper not working
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon14 Advice for 504 left w/screen wiper not working

Hi folks. Been reading this site for a while. Keep it up boys. This is my first post and need some help. The lever under the the dash for the left wiper has fallen off the shaft where it is attached to the right w/screen wiper. Very hard to get in under there with the fingers etc. The little e-clip appears to have gone walking and has let the lever fall off. I don't want to take the heater out because it's a mongrel of a job. Anyway does someone know what is the specific size of the e-clip and its part number. My micrometer says the shaft is around around 5.5 ml but if there's any gurus out there with exact details I would appreciate it. If I get the exact size it should be easier to slip on when I've get my head stuck under the dash and with my back twisted all over the place - and only a couple of fingers for gripping etc!!

Advertisement

And thanks again for a great site.

regards

Hilton

ps if i do take the heater out is it possible to get someone in Melbourne (N/E area) to reco the heater and its core so I can see the road next winter....

Icon7

Had same problem years ago-put blue tack on end and found a speed clip that I could fit and it was still on 10 years later when we sold it.

Warren

Tadpole

thanks warren - i'll give it a go

Thread Information