205 dashboard coming apart
  • Register
  • Help
    Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Default 205 dashboard coming apart

Can anyone out there explain how the dash on the 205 is attached? Our dash is coming apart, especially the bit that surrounds the ventalation dials and goes over the top of the instrument panel. Can it just be glued down or are there clips that have probably broken off?? Should I just bite the bullet and get a new one from the wreckers??

Advertisement
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Free
    Can anyone out there explain how the dash on the 205 is attached? ??
    Lots of little screws, rivets, aluminium plates, silicon and race tape(and it almost stays in place on the dirt), Alright, none of that's original and I have a later one I'm putting in one of these days, they're all crappy old french plastic so don't expect much...
    205gti

Where did you get your new one from??

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Can anyone out there explain how the dash on the 205 is attached? Our dash is coming apart, especially the bit that surrounds the ventalation dials and goes over the top of the instrument panel. Can it just be glued down or are there clips that have probably broken off?? Should I just bite the bullet and get a new one from the wreckers??
    i found when gluing mine that areldite works best out of the glues ive tried.fixed a crack in the glovebox and you cant tell te was cracked.if you want a hand doing it,i would help you out,its always better to have two minds on the job.
    i noticed when the windscreen was out on mine that they are self tapered in three places.
    one in the middle and one on eachside.
    goodluck finding a new instrument surround,they are out there but not always in better nick than your cracked one.
    i regularly amourall my dash to try to combat our harsh sun and the shitty french platics,-BAZZ

Where did you get your new one from??
    BM spares
    205gti

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    i found when gluing mine that areldite works best out of the glues ive tried.fixed a crack in the glovebox and you cant tell te was cracked.if you want a hand doing it,i would help you out,its always better to have two minds on the job.
    i noticed when the windscreen was out on mine that they are self tapered in three places.
    one in the middle and one on eachside.
    goodluck finding a new instrument surround,they are out there but not always in better nick than your cracked one.
    i regularly amourall my dash to try to combat our harsh sun and the shitty french platics,-BAZZ
    The dash itself is not actually cracked, it is coming off in one whole piece. I'm not keen on gluing it down in case it needs to be removed in the future (dunno why, just one of those things). Might be good for you to come and have a look at it if you want.

Thread Information