Purchasing 1999 306 xsi ?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Purchasing 1999 306 xsi ?

Hi Boys and Girls

I'm thinking of purchasing a 1999 306 xsi automatic, 53,000 kms, near new tyres, full dealer service history, the cambelt was done at 47,000 kms and it drives very well. they want $ 18,500 for it

Advertisement

is it to much ?
    are there any problems i should look out for ?
    there is no xsi badge on it where should it be

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Luke, the price sounds kinda right, especially for a 99 model. Mine was 19,900 for a 98 model, so not bad I guess!

As far as I know, the XSi badge should be on the front doors, but some have been de-badged... god knows for what reason. Later model gti's have the badge on the back next to the 306 but I dunno about the XSis.

With the cam belt already done sound like a great buy!!
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Luke,

Make sure it is 2.0L because XSi is 2.0L and XT is 1.8. I have seen someone advert the XT as XSi. BEWARE!!
    Jacky
    1995 Peugeot 306 XT 1.8 MT

Performance:
    JAMEX Lower Springs, Griffiths Eng. Quick Shift, K&N Element Replacement Filter, 2 1/4" Catback Custom Make Exhaust with 2 X 3" DTM Style Twin Pipes Outlet, BF g-force 185/65/14

Sound System:
    Sony CDX-F5700, Hertz 4" Split, JBL 6" 2 Way, Alpine MPR-M200, SoundStream EGW-10 10" Sub

Outlook:
    BOSCH Silver Evolution bulbs, Aero Wipers, Momo SliverJet, RAZO Gear Knob, RAZO Carbon Paddle, Sparco Pro 2000

jchan, Well, the last of the XTs had the XSI engine in it... so I guess that's where they're coming from. Nothing to dodgy going on there as the last of the XTs and Rallyes were awesome cars. Not all XTs had 1.8s in it. Refer to the 306 timeline thread for more.

Stone free, the cambelt has to be done every four years, regardless of miles, so it was due. Also the end of the 306 GTI had the badges on the side only and dropped the 6. You couldn't tell the difference between an XSI or a GTI from the back at the end. Unless you could pick the 1 or 2mm lower stance.

luke, sounds like a good car, although it sounds on the high side. If you can get them down a bit it'd be a great buy. I wouldn't worry about the XSI badge, Peugeot are reknown for placing that wherever they like. Whenever we have a meet you can see how different they all are.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    jchan, Well, the last of the XTs had the XSI engine in it... so I guess that's where they're coming from. Nothing to dodgy going on there as the last of the XTs and Rallyes were awesome cars. Not all XTs had 1.8s in it. Refer to the 306 timeline thread for more.

Stone free, the cambelt has to be done every four years, regardless of miles, so it was due. Also the end of the 306 GTI had the badges on the side only and dropped the 6. You couldn't tell the difference between an XSI or a GTI from the back at the end. Unless you could pick the 1 or 2mm lower stance.

luke, sounds like a good car, although it sounds on the high side. If you can get them down a bit it'd be a great buy. I wouldn't worry about the XSI badge, Peugeot are reknown for placing that wherever they like. Whenever we have a meet you can see how different they all are.
    From what I have researched, mine is a series 2 306 with black door and bumper trim, series 3 have them colour coded. Series 3 GTis have the 6 badge on the back but not on the doors. You are right in that there are some variation on the badges, I've seen all types! Goes to show that the Friday 5pm cars are out there The Rallyes look quite smart but have a massive decal job down the side and are hard to miss.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Thread Information