Anyone From Tassie?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    mlb

Icon5 Anyone From Tassie?

Just wondering how many people here are from Tasmania. I've just bought my first Pug, an '83 505 GR, and was wondering what level of club activity there is down here, especially in the north of the state.

Advertisement

Cheers

Matt
    Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.

im from hobart, not sure about stuff going on up north, i know there is a peuegot club down here, im not personally involved in it though so i couldnt tell you what goes on
    '91 Peugeot 405 Mi16 - only just run in......

Hi Matt,

I'm also from Hobart and am the president of the French Car Club of Tasmania, we have a fairly good membership base in the north of the state with some quite knowledgable members.

Also there is plenty of option within the club to pick up parts at good prices, as speaking for myself and some other members we have wrecked quite a few 504's and 505's over time.

Feel free to PM me or email if you would like more information ! We are also holding the national French Car Festival in Ulverstone at Easter!

Cheers

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    1990 Peugeot 505 GTD Turbo Wagon
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

Default Northern Tassie

G'day...Quite a few Pugs in my area. I'm originally from WA and I'm impressed with the number of European cars on our roads. Not a member of any clubs as I'm a dairy farmer and don't have time for such things, but always on the lookout for cheap 505 GTi parts! Anybody got a sunroof cable?????

Peter, http://www.mathomfarm.com.au
    82 Peugeot 505 Turbo Diesel
    78 VW Golf diesel
    80 VW Golf diesel
    84 Nissan Patrol MQ diesel

Quote Originally Posted by mlb
    Just wondering how many people here are from Tasmania. I've just bought my first Pug, an '83 505 GR, and was wondering what level of club activity there is down here, especially in the north of the state.

Cheers

Matt
    Hi Matt,
    I live in Ulverstone, where exactly do you live. There are plenty of sporting car clubs nearby but I gather you are after French or Pug clubs? I am a member of the North west car club but their are a sporting car club not a marque club.

Ben, I am interested in the French car club of Tas. though, especially more info on the French car day .

Slightly off topic, but does anyone own or know someone in North of Tassie with another 205Gti? I have not seen another 205Gti around here in a good 3yrs! It would be great to catch up with another car & go for a drive on these great roads of ours .

Default Tassie

Hi everyone
    I was interested to see the responses about Tassie, My wife and I will be in Tas. from the 13th. to the 23rd. of Jan. to check out things with the view of moving back there, probably in the Devonport/Ulverstone area in late February. I currently drive a 1984 505 Executive and am wrecking another one for parts to bring over. look forward to catching up , am interested in getting along to the festival if possible, would appreciate more info.

Regards
    Neil

Default Trip to Tassie

Drop in and see us, Neil. We are 23km inland from Ulverstone. What parts are you bringing with you? A heater blower fan would be nice..... Give us a call on 64291144 before you arrive as being farmers we are outdoors most of the time. Also, take a look at one of our other websites http://www.cavestocanyon.org
    (Sorry other froggers... I seem to be turning this into a travel webite! I mean no harm and this will be my last post on the subject!)

Peter.
    82 Peugeot 505 Turbo Diesel
    78 VW Golf diesel
    80 VW Golf diesel
    84 Nissan Patrol MQ diesel

mlb

WAUTY, I live in Devonport. I am not that interested at this stage in sporting clubs as my car is not quite up to scratch. Also as I will be relying on it to get me form here to Launceston every day, I may have to treat it carefully. I am more interested in the social scene. I have been working at sea for the last 14 years and now I have taken a job ashore, it will be nice to do things that normal people do.

On another topic, does anyone know of any good parts suppliers in Tas, new or used? I've just had my first day examining my new car and can see I have quite a bit of work to do if I want to brin it up to scratch.

Matt
    Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.

Hey Matt,

There is the remnants of a 505 GTI wreck in Steve Order Auto's in Launceston, with some bits left, No sorry guys, no sunroof cable!

For those of you who are interested in the festival take a look at our website, www.pug.hopto.org follw the link for more information on the festival.

I will also be on the north west coast for a couple of days next week, although I am sorry to say I wont be driving the the 505 wagon, the 405 Mi16 is slightly nicer at higher speeds

If you need any bits that you can think of straight away Matt, let me know and I can chuck some things in the car *if I have them*

Cheers

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

Hi Matt,

I'm from Hobart and drive a MY2003 307 XSE, but not a member of the French Car Club (might have to join though!).

I originally come from Devonport, moved to Hobart in 1987, but go up there regularly as my parents still live there.

The French Car Festival at Ester sounds good - I'll have to come along!

Cheers
    Tony

mlb

Quote Originally Posted by Pug_405_Mi16
    If you need any bits that you can think of straight away Matt, let me know and I can chuck some things in the car *if I have them*
    Thanks for the offer Ben,

Here is my shopping list so far.
    - Inner and Outer right headlight pivots and mounts
    - Windscreen washer pump and reservoir cap
    - Clock
    - Right rear window channel
    - Rear interior light
    - Crankcase breather tube

That's about it so far. Now doubt there will be more as time goes by. Anything you could provide would be wonderful. Just let me know how much you want for them.

Cheers

Matt

mlb

Also in addition to the above are a few more things I just discovered I may need :

- An original gear knob (the current hand turned wooden one just isn't me)
    - Driver's side wiper arm
    - Boot sealing rubber

Thanks Again

Hello,

Most of the stuff on that list is best purchased new from European Auto Imports in Melbourne *www.eai.net.au*, they are well priced and ship over night!

Clocks are as rare as hens teeth, I have one spare here, but it's spoken for by a mate with a dead one in his wagon.

I do have the wiper arm, a good boot rubber and a rear light here. Plus heaps of other stuff as well mind you!

Make me an offer on those things if you want them and i'll bring em up next week!

Cheers

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

mlb

Hello,

I do have the wiper arm, a good boot rubber and a rear light here. Plus heaps of other stuff as well mind you!

Make me an offer on those things if you want them and i'll bring em up next week!
    I have no idea what any of those things are worth at the moment, and I would hate to make you and offer embarassingly low or high. Let me know a current market price and we'll take it from there. I'll have a look at the website you mentioned. Might be easier than trying to source new parts in Tasmania.

Matt

Hey Matt,

I'd say yes, get the stuff from Victoria, being a 505 I have found, IF anywhere in Hobart has anything on the shelf outside of the basic spark plugs they want stupid prices for things 'cause it's one of them poojoe's'.

Cheers

Ben

PS I have sent you a PM
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

mlb

Hey Matt,

There is the remnants of a 505 GTI wreck in Steve Order Auto's in Launceston, with some bits left
    You weren't wrong when you said remnants. Still I managed to scrounge a good boot seal and a rear right window from it. I may have to go back and pick up some more things I forgot later though. Thanks for the point in the right direction.

Still could use the wiper arm (the plastic end at least) and rear light though. Let me know what you want for them.

Matt

Yep,

It's sure getting there, i'm going to go and visit it again in a few days as I need a fair bit of the rear end out of it for a car I have hear, and a few things up front !

Cheers

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

mlb

I was speaking to the wreckers in Camdale today and it seems they have a 505 wagon in their yard. The bloke reckons it's fire damaged and he couldn't remember where the damage was. I'm calling him back on Monday to get more information. I'll let you know how what he says. May be worth a visit while you're up here.

Matt

where is Camdale ?

Never been there before ?

Cheers

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

mlb

where is Camdale ?

Never been there before ?

Cheers

Ben
    Just a bit past Burnie. Not sure how far along the NW Coast you are coming, but if that's too far for you I can see what I can find for you.

Matt

Going as far as Ulverstone, but find out what colour the interior is and it may be worth while!

Cheers

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

mlb

Going as far as Ulverstone, but find out what colour the interior is and it may be worth while!
    I'll ask him when I talk to him tomorrow and get back to you.

By the way what day are you planning to come up?

G'day, I am from right down the south east.

P.S. Ben, could you send me a membership form for the club? It is about time I got around to joining it, before I spen the membership fees on 403 bits You have my address don't you? If not, let me know and I will give it to you.
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Matt,

Will be coming up Wednesday at this stage.

Pugnut,

PM me with your details and we will get it in the mail!

Cheers

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

Quote Originally Posted by mlb
    I was speaking to the wreckers in Camdale today and it seems they have a 505 wagon in their yard. The bloke reckons it's fire damaged and he couldn't remember where the damage was. I'm calling him back on Monday to get more information. I'll let you know how what he says. May be worth a visit while you're up here.

Matt
    Guys, I could check it out for you as I work in Burnie, no problems .

Will
    1990 205Gti
    1976 504 rally car (currently out of action)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information