306 TD fuel injection pipes please help!
  • Register
  • Help
    eve
    Tadpole

Default 306 TD fuel injection pipes please help!

i have a 306 TD R reg and in the last 6 weeks one of my fuel injection pipes has completley snapped leaving me with no power, no revs and diesel leaking everywhere! have had 4 new pipes put on but it happened again for the 3rd time last night! no one seems to know what's causing it - please can anyone help!!

Advertisement

Default 306 TD injection pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by eve
    i have a 306 TD R reg and in the last 6 weeks one of my fuel injection pipes has completley snapped leaving me with no power, no revs and diesel leaking everywhere! have had 4 new pipes put on but it happened again for the 3rd time last night! no one seems to know what's causing it - please can anyone help!!
    Eve,
    The weather over your way hasn't been too flash lately,freezing overnight ?
    I'm not familiar with the inj pipe layout on your 306. If the pipes are long they should have clamps on them in one or two positions to prevent vibration causing cracks etc.
    The inj pipes should not be under any strain, ie when fitting the pipes they must not be forced or bent to fit the pipe nuts to the injectors.

My earlier comment on the weather was a hint on the possibilty of the inj pipes freezing ? Some type of insulation [lagging] over the pipes might help.
    By the way it's going to be 30deg.C here today!

Default Breaking pipes

Eve.. Assuming the clamps are in place, your engine must be vibrating horribly. And it will if it has a leak to an injector! Firstly, look at the pipe unions for leaks. Lining them up while fitting is critical. Always do one at a time. Don't attempt to fit all four at once unless you are experienced. If no leaks, you could have a faulty injector. Loosen one pipe union at a time with the motor running and note any change in tickover or vibration. The injector at fault can be detected by no change occuring. If after you have tried this with no success, check the engine mounts. Use a large screwdriver or prybar to take the load off each mounting in turn with the engine ticking over. (Be careful!) If a mounting has gone soft you will notice the difference. If none of these checks reveal the fault, there must be an internal problem. Sticking valve, burned valve seat (unlikely) broken piston etc. Good luck! Hope the solution is simple and cheap.
    Peter.
    82 Peugeot 505 Turbo Diesel
    78 VW Golf diesel
    80 VW Golf diesel
    84 Nissan Patrol MQ diesel

Thread Information