405 series 2 central locking unit
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 405 series 2 central locking unit

I have a 1994 405 STI and my Haynes says the central locking unit controller is located behind the glovebox. On removing the glovebox I can't find anything that looks like it. Any ideas?

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Hi

If you remove the small carpet trim below the glovebox thats held on with those 2 metal clips ( Dont lose or break the clips! Peugeot / Citroen no longer stock them! ) & then remove the long black sill trim under the passenger door thats held in with one screw next to the bonnet release handle & several clips along the edge.

Look right up in the corner under the dash by the A post, You might have to move the edge of the carpet slightly, You should the corner of a white plastic bracket attached to the back of the dash, The central locking control box is attached to that.

The control box is the one nearest the steering wheel & has 2 screws on the right hand side nearest the steering wheel holding it to the bracket.
    Its a right pain getting at it!

You can also remove the whole bracket if you remove the 3 screws holding it to the back of dash if you wish, its up to you.

Theres also the heater control box under there, That has Bitron Video stamped on the bottom & theres a couple of ABS connector plugs for the dash too 1 x Red & 1 x Yellow.
    Last edited by LeePower; 31st December 2004 at 05:52 AM. Reason: add info
    2003 Pug 206 GLX TU3JP

Thread Information