New Peugeot 406 Coupe website
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default New Peugeot 406 Coupe website

Please visit my Peugeot 406 Coupe web site http://www.bigmac999.vzz.net/ Its my first go at web design and in very early stages of development so please be patient. Feel free to take a look and let me know what you think and any suggestions you may have.
    Thanks.

Advertisement

Site looks OK but the popup adds let it down
    Daniel Djuracic

Ex UK spec 89 309
    206 XT 1.6 16V (Diablo Red)with Peugeot Lion in back windows

I'm impressed. I have never designed a web page, so I'm not about to criticise someone who's put a lot of effort in. I think it looks good and reflects your admiration for the vehicle.

I will, though, make one small suggestion. It's not related to the design of the site at all. I just feel that it might be a good idea if, maybe, you could put a disclaimer somewhere on the front page. Even though you don't have the Lion prominently displayed, there are people out there who aren't as Pug saavy as members of AF. These same people could possibly believe your site to be affiliated with Peugeot. If it contains any errors, omissions, or if PSA simply decides that you may have damaged the brand's image you could find yourself in hot water. I'm definately no legal expert, but it's always best to cover your rear.

(Yes my spelling is terrible at the moment )

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by PUG309
    Site looks OK but the popup adds let it down
    - killed by my popup killer .

Try to avoid putting light coloured text on top of light coloured pictures (like the 406V6 section) .. too hard to read.

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Icon14

Hey, good site you've made there! I would just like to mention that I am totally obsessed with the 406 coupes at the moment...ah well, one can dream!!

Tadpole

Thanks for all your suggestions and I have noted them, expect to see the changes soon and some more content (too much work at the moment). As for the pop ups, free web hosting i'm afraid so not much I can do, but depending on how well things go and how much interest there is, I will change to a pay server.
    Thanks for your points, very much appreciated. If anyone has any ideas of the contant they would like to see, please let me know.
    Thanks.

Well done Bigmac999.
    Have always admired the 406 coupe and after reading the poor report the 407 got in the latest wheels magazine it appears to be off my wishlist.
    I'm considering the 406 Coupe as a replacement for my 405.
    Your site has a HDi model... is that available here? and please say that it comes with a manual gearbox.
    And are you going to run a model chronology similar to the 306 thread in AF?

regards Decca
    Present --2016 2008 Outdoor / 2014 RAV4 Diesel (My utilitarian beast)

Past -- 19?? 403 / 1974 504GL / 1972 R12TL / 1995 405SRi / 1997 406ST / 1998 306XT / 2004 406HD1 / 2008 308XSE HDi / 2008 307XSE

Quote Originally Posted by Decca
    I'm considering the 406 Coupe as a replacement for my 405.
    Your site has a HDi model... is that available here?
    Unfortunately the diesel 406 coupe never made it out here...
    V6 it is then!
    1985 505 STI
    1983 505 SRDT (RIP)

Tadpole

Hello,
    That is a shame that the HDi is not available to you guys, I've heard its supposed to be very impressive. I have arranged to test drive one so expect to see a review on the site soon.
    I will be adding a model chronology to the sight as you suggested, just need to do some research first.
    I have made alot of alterations to the appearnace of the site and added some more content, but there is still lots more work to do as you will see. i have also got a decent domain name for it now http://www.peugeot406coupe.com and should be changing hosts shortly so the annoying adverts will be gone, hooray!
    it may be worth you just taking a look at the changes, and if you have any suggestions please leave them in the forum section of the site under 'Feedback', (you dont have to register any details to post there) as i have so many forums to look at that i post to and this is takes up a lot of time that i could be using to develop the site.
    hope you like the alterations,
    Thanks again.

Thread Information