Dealers, mechanics and the usual complaints
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By buzzlite

Thread: Dealers, mechanics and the usual complaints

Icon6 Dealers, mechanics and the usual complaints

Why is it that when I ring a pug dealer (which is located on the princess hway at a place that starts with an 'A') to make a booking for a service later in January I get told that I cant cause no one is their...

I can understand that their mechanics are on holiday but I would of thought that they would of at least had someone to take bookings.. Too bad if you need something fixed urgently or have a recall issue.... Where is the fellow frogger DEALER when needed heh!!

I had read some good things bout this dealer (who I wont name cause Ill get sued..or my thread edited ) but I give up with them

Then I rang another place in Artarmon (no not the dealer) who happen to be on the same street as the dealer and their number has changed.

So, I know this has been discussed many times but, has anyone had their car serviced at british and continental on Parra rd... Yes I know Paul is the best but hell be booked out til 2020 with all you lot taking your pugs there...

Advertisement

Any feedback appreciated

I reckon YOU are right.....they should STAY open for bussines (when everybody else is closed) JUST FOR YOU......Common mate....other people have families as well and I m sure you look forward to a few days off yourself......It might be wise to consider organising any servicing some time before the 25 of dec. .....Its been like this for dacades...NO.....Why be so surprised by it....If you r concerned the car will self destruct use public transport.....

cheers

dino

Icon8 Santa can get stuffed....

Of course they need time off with their families... but not when I wanna get my car serviced... how inconsiderate...

They should all be at my beck and call.....

I have to work xmas, boxing, new years eve and new years day so i think everyone else should 2.... (me finks I need new job )

Default Dealers,mechanics etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dino
    I reckon YOU are right.....they should STAY open for bussines (when everybody else is closed) JUST FOR YOU......Common mate....other people have families as well and I m sure you look forward to a few days off yourself......It might be wise to consider organising any servicing some time before the 25 of dec. .....Its been like this for dacades...NO.....Why be so surprised by it....If you r concerned the car will self destruct use public transport.....

cheers

dino
    Good on you Dino,
    I remember well these types from when I was in the trade.

By the way comrade is that a Red flag on your bedroom wall ? It does look similar to mine !

Icon7 Sensitive types...

Bring back slave labour.. especially for mechanics

Volume 1, section 5, paragraph 287(small print) of (obviously failed) re -introductions thread CLEARLY states I CAN b a real BASTARD sometimes.....
    ....well OK...often.........but I promise.....I don t mean any harm.....

Welcome to the forum XONICJAN....some have run to their "mama"....its cool that you have not taken my comments to heart....

cheers

dino

nice avatar by the way......(looks good in red)
    Last edited by dino; 30th December 2004 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dino

cheers

dino
    Have you looked around recently? There are many, many business' staying open over the Christmas period. I actually had to work on Christmas day.

Now, while I agree the staff of service departments need some time with their families, cars play an essential role in our society. Sometimes, as much as we'd like, it isn't possible to make do with public transport (especially at Christmas where in some areas it is pathetic). I have concerns about safety if there is no avenue for vehicle faults to be repaired for a period of a week or more.

With more people on the roads than at any other time of year, do you really want someone driving a car with defective brakes they cannot get repaired because the shop is closed? I don't think you'd be too happy if they wiped you out because they were unable to stop for a red light.

I'm not suggesting that all mechanics need to stay open, but surely the larger chains & dealerships who have enough staff to at least have some customer turnover could be a little bit responsible. For example, the 206 recall for a possible brake problem, the notification arrived a few days before Christmas. It is an issue with the potential to cause accidents and we're notified at a time when it won't be possible to get it rectified straight away.

So, yeah, everyone is entitled to a break sometime. But, though we may stop to celebrate, life will move on, people may die and things could go wrong. It doesn't all cease because of a date on the calendar.
    Last edited by Industrie; 30th December 2004 at 10:42 PM.

I think 2 of the Sydney dealers starting with "A" are closed for business until the 10 Jan. I guess it stands to reason that all Sydney dealers will therefore be closed (due to lack of interest?) until then.

And by the way, it's supposedly ok to mention them by name if you are going to say something good about them

Sod that.
    Last edited by SLC206; 30th December 2004 at 10:21 AM.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Icon5 Re: Original Message

Umm... any feedback re British & Cont????

Northshore gone out of business???

Thanks Guys

Well, I've never heard anything bad about them - but then you wouldn't on this site would you

NorthShore are not part of the network anymore. The letter you got with your recall didn't have them listed did they? I can't find my list anymore.

If you go to the Pug oz web site and look for dealers:

NSW Dealer Network

..it may help.
    Regards,

Simon

----

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Icon8 Just a note..!!!

Did I mention that I have a blown headlight...

I would fix it myself, but, the last time I tried to change the headlight bulbs I was at it for bout 6 hrs and at the end I of it I felt like taking my car a ramming it through the nearest A&_ dealers window.

Of course its not their fault I have no idea what im doing or that I have multiple shoulder injuries that do cause problems when having to attempt such a horrific task as changing a f..... headlamp bulb.(and no I do not have a boyfriend to change it 4 me )

So, anyways, having a dealer open who could change it for me while doing a service would be an advantage.. BEFORE I GET A TICKET!!!!!

Have a nice day.

P.S. In the scheme of things this really aint a big deal. So I shut up bout it now

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xonicjan

I would fix it myself, but, the last time I tried to change the headlight bulbs I was at it for bout 6 hrs and at the end I of it I felt like taking my car a ramming it through the nearest A&_ dealers window.

Of course its not their fault I have no idea what im doing or that I have multiple shoulder injuries that do cause problems when having to attempt such a horrific task as changing a f..... headlamp bulb.(and no I do not have a boyfriend to change it 4 me )

So, anyways, having a dealer open who could change it for me while doing a service would be an advantage.. BEFORE I GET A TICKET!!!!!

Have a nice day.

P.S. In the scheme of things this really aint a big deal. So I shut up bout it now

sometimes your local spare parts shop will do the job like that for you
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Quote Originally Posted by xonicjan
    No you didn't

Have you had a look at the how to on the 206gti.net site?

I must admit I've never changed one myself - it doesn't look particularly easy, but the pictures may help
    Regards,

Simon

----

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

we are all the single AF'ers when there is a damsle in distress ????
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    And by the way, it's supposedly ok to mention them by name if you are going to say something good about them Sod that.
    Nyah Nyah Nyah! That's your interpretation. In fact, you're just not meant to defame/libel anyone, so the Aussiefrogs owner is hardly going to worry if you say something good. On the other hand if you go overboard with good tidings it would probably be canned as well...

It's as simple as that. Anyone could understand this - couldn't they?

Have a good new year.

(Incidentally, my missus got a recall issue sorted (a rear brake noise damper) on her Holden Astra yesterday and the service was brilliant. Even replaced the brake pads free of charge for the inconvenience.)

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    Sod that.
    Agreed

B&C don't have an official Peugeot workshop anymore. I used them a couple of times in 2000/2001 and it wasn't hard to work out why they don't have Peugeot support anymore.

Where are you located in Sydney? Tried Crown Peugeot? If all you need is a headlight bulb changed I'm sure someone here can help you out. If you're in the eastern area, I'd be happy to.

Sure,

If you find yourself in the sunny west, then I'd also be happy to help.
    Regards,

Simon

----

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Just a wee note : my Local Pug Dealer was open today, "pissing" with rain and I managed to have a front wiper rubber blade start to go west thanks to that little bit of plastic holding it onto the wiper arm going walk about. Pulled into the dealer's service centre and they just gave me another one and off I went back into the rain and yes they didn't charge, thats twice the service center has given me free parts for the old car !!!!! Nice guys, maybe they just want to get rid of me as the last time we went looking for parts our wee lad lost his lunch on their front desk !!!!!! I guess another point is that they start with "S" rather than "A".

P.S the car is an old 1997 306 S16.
    nek19 likes this.

Icon10 Maybe should move

How much is car freight to N.Z. I think Ill move there....

Thanks for all the offers. Much appreciated

yeh alot of mechanics and dealers are off for 2 weeks

i have the shits because my 206gti180 got RECALL and i got the letter on the 24th of december it was a nice xmas presty and my local dealer will be back on the 10th
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

P.S the car is an old 1997 306 S16.

I don t get that.....OLD.....hmmmmm
    MY 1971 280s is OLD......
    I d say, a 97 306 s16 is NOT an old car....its probably just been run in.....Besides it still looks better than many many current hatches (the corolla just makes me laugh, lets not even mention hyndais or even series 1 beemers)
    I d say most on the forum would think it looks better than even the current 307....So yes it might have a few years under its belt now....but OLD.....
    No way in hell....

cheers

dino

i have the shits because my 206gti180 got RECALL and i got the letter on the 24th of december it was a nice xmas presty and my local dealer will be back on the 10th

OHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOO......whatever are you going to do............
    See...this is what I like about honda, mazda and toyota dealerships.....when it comes to "reaclls"....helll they just dont NOTIFY you at all.....they fix it at the next service and all s well....no hair pulling, panick stricken, 10th floor diving customers......

I m sure the 180 will stay together...I wouldn t stress to much about it.....There ARE way to many cars in much worse shape on the roads than your 180...you are not concerned about them, are you.....???

cheers

dino

stay positive

DINO : you're right I shouldn't call her old, it's just that our other car is a 2000 Mazda MPV and before that was a 2000 Subura and before that a 2000 Nissan Primera - looks like I'm stuck in the 2000's !!!!!

To be fare the PUG did replace a 88 Barina - bit of a step up, power this and that but the main thing is POWER under the bonnet !!!!!

Thread Information