Teething problems with my new 205 power
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Teething problems with my new 205 power

did a search on lack of power 205...nothing came up.The two 205s I have had in Aussi don't seem to have had as much oomph as the one I had in the late '80s..I'm not into drag racing or anything like that but the couple of times I have put my foot down at the lights I'm being beaten by the likes of magnas and veradas.Is this an age thing 9the car NOT mine)or is there something I can do to bring my new baby back to life.
    She's a 1992 s3 with about 97000km. I use premium petrol and have used a product which i put in the fuel to clean the injector, and she has just had a service.

Advertisement

I feel I'm letting the reputation of the 205 down, and holding back on showing her off.

Late model 205's do have a bit less poke than the UK models of the late '80s - 122hp vrs 130hp. This mainly due to compression ratio and the cat. convertor. If you've confirmed that all is mechanically sound and you still want more, the most rewarding thing to do is change the diff ratio from 3.62:1 to 3.94:1.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Quote Originally Posted by Beccie
    did a search on lack of power 205...nothing came up.The two 205s I have had in Aussi don't seem to have had as much oomph as the one I had in the late '80s..I'm not into drag racing or anything like that but the couple of times I have put my foot down at the lights I'm being beaten by the likes of magnas and veradas.Is this an age thing 9the car NOT mine)or is there something I can do to bring my new baby back to life.
    She's a 1992 s3 with about 97000km. I use premium petrol and have used a product which i put in the fuel to clean the injector, and she has just had a service.

I feel I'm letting the reputation of the 205 down, and holding back on showing her off.

ohhh so they have teeth now!!!-ha ha ha-BAZZ

hi beccie,

maybe your technique is a bit off, at the lights, ey?

you should try dialing it to 5 thou then dump the clutch with all your might! its brutal, but effective!

... not to many cars will take you at the lights.
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

maybe the timing is out, the mechanic probably didn't have time to play with that. i have a 90 model, it has less power and torque, but shorter gearing, so it shoots off at the lights. that what you probably remember.

and when i've driven 92+ they don't 'feel' as fast, not from a start. but they still kill everything when darting through the traffic (not that i would condone that) like every 205 does. the 92+ have more power and torque but taller gearing, so it doesn't 'feel' as fast. this is my basic understanding. it could be wrong.

enjoy though. there are other things you can do but it depends on what ur into spending money on! ask peterT. he knows.
    Renn
    Peugeot 205 s16
    Megane RS 225 Cup

find youself a nice be-3 gearbox from series 1 205 gti and pop that in .then sit back and remanice.[spelling?]-BAZZ

Thread Information