Peugeot dealer service quality?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Tadpole

Default Peugeot dealer service quality?

Hey,

Advertisement

I've wondering about everyone elses experiences with peugeot dealers and their service departments.

I got an '03 206 XT that i got in January of this year. The 2nd day i had it, when it started, all the warning lights came on, the dash was completely dead (ie speedo/odo didnt work). Called up peugeot assist and had it towed to the dealer. Went around the next day - "Oh we don't know what the problem is. But it works now!"

Okay maybe i was hallucinating about the warning lights?

Since their i've had intermittant "Engine Immobiliser Fault" flash up on the computer and the engine refused to start until id waited about 5 minutes. "We can't find the fault"

Took it in for its 20 000km service not long ago. My drivers side front power window keeps squeaking on the way down, had a few dash rattles, cd player keeps skipping on tiny bumps. Also i got that recall notice - something about the BSI turning the horn on for no reason

They performed the service, stuck some foam under the cd player and regreased the rollers for all my windows. Result: Cd player occasionally refuses to load a cd (i think the foam gets caught in the loader - makes a funny mechanical sound), still skips, window still squeaks and dash rattles are all still there. About the recall notice - "Sorry didn't do it - peugeot aren't setup at their end yet"

Recently (about 2 weeks ago) took it down to Melbourne for some house hunting. Albury (where i used to live) doesnt really have any traffic and theres no need to stop-start on big hills like where i was going in Melbourne. Noticed that as i was letting the clutch out, as it was nearly out, had some vibrations coming out of the clutch itself. Steadily got worse the more i was driving. Especially noticeable on hills when i had to give it a bit more accelerator.

Got home and took it in the next working day. "We can't find the problem"

Is it just me having chronic whinging syndrome or is my Peugeot dealer essentially useless for anything beyond a service? I'm pretty sure i'll won't be getting a Peugeot again if all the dealers are like this
    Last edited by pugrambo; 26th December 2004 at 10:34 AM. Reason: removed names

Icon8 Peugeot Dealers

Bought my 206 in 2002 and whenever I need anything fixed under warranty they say they cant find anything wrong. I also get the engine immobiliser fault, but mine only lights up on the dash when I start the car.

Good Luck. get my car serviced elsewhere. cheaper $180 compared to $300-$400. And my mechanic does a better job.
    Last edited by pugrambo; 26th December 2004 at 10:35 AM. Reason: names removed

guys and gals, pls try to respect the dealers and service places, and not put their names as most ppl here already know who you are talking about with a geographical hint!!!!!! they are not perfect or the best but I would hate to see anyone have to go to court for bagging out on any one dealer etc. merry x-mass and a happy new year

Default No Peugeot Service

Hi Guys,

just wondering if anyone knows a 'non dealer' good place to get a 206Gti Cam belt done in Melbourne Metro area....?

Is it worth getting the cam belt done outside a peugeot dealer (I have had my Gti serviced at Peugeot since it was new)
    Last edited by Unit 206Gti; 22nd February 2005 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Needs more detail

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unit 206Gti
    Hi Guys,

just wondering if anyone knows a 'non dealer' good place to get a 206Gti Cam belt done in Melbourne Metro area....?

Is it worth getting the cam belt done outside a peugeot dealer (I have had my Gti serviced at Peugeot since it was new)
    try carravelle as i have heard good things about them

or

try ultra tune

i know this may sound strange but i know of others that take their cars to them without any drama

you won't pay through the nose either but check them out thouroughly first and if they making sounds along the lines of mate it's french then walk out
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Just a plug for paul , perhaps you can try autoparis out at box hill. I know that they have the diagnostic computer for the 206gti. A few people from the 206 yahoo forum (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/peugeot-206gti) have been there with happy results. he also mentioned recently that he may give a discount to people from that forum.

And welcome to AF
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

Just noticed Unit 206gti that you've joined in OCt 2004 but have just posted your first post! A bit shy are we???
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    try carravelle as i have heard good things about them

or

try ultra tune

i know this may sound strange but i know of others that take their cars to them without any drama

you won't pay through the nose either but check them out thouroughly first and if they making sounds along the lines of mate it's french then walk out

Ultra tune?? I'm curious to know if anyone has tried these guys or another franchise type place. I used to go to them with my old Mazda as they didn't dick me around. Never even considered it with the Pug.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Free
    Ultra tune?? I'm curious to know if anyone has tried these guys or another franchise type place. I used to go to them with my old Mazda as they didn't dick me around. Never even considered it with the Pug.

someone i know very very well takes their car to ultra tune and swears by them

they are that happy with them that they will never take their car to another pug dealer ever again and this person is very fussy with the car in question
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

are they are franchise at ultra tune?cause with a franchise you cant always be sure that what you get at one place might not be the same as another.
    pedders is a good example where people often hang it on them but the local pedders to me in bulleen is a good place to go with very knowledgeable guiys who do good work but i know of another pedders where i wouldnt send a billy cart to.-BAZZ

I wouldn’t even consider taking something like a 504, or a CX, or Renault 25 to ultra tune.

on the other hand, something as modern and common as a 206, 306, 307 etc... i think ultra tune would be ok with.

as long as they don’t start muttering to themselves, and talking to you like "mate it's European, its going to cost you" then i think you could trust them.

i'm pretty sure they're a franchise, so it would depend from garage to garage

If you really want the inside running on where to take your Pug for servicing in Melbourne - it's Spencer St Automobiles. Ask for Tony. The owner/operators are the old owners of City Peugeot (nth melb days). How do I know this? I worked at City Peugeot for 2 years under both the old and current owners. When I left Peugeot in June last year, I bought a GTI180 and have taken it to Spencer St Auto's for both the 10 and 20k services - make of that what you will.

The two Tonys are nice guys. Does Mimo still work with them?
    "Now my dream lies shattered like the shards of a broken dream"

Default Cam belt quotes

I've called a few places and been quoted between $600 and $1000 for the cam belt..... I've been told that an upgrade is need on the 2000 206Gti on the tensioner as it can fail...

Lucin - yeah I joined the forum ages ago and have not really had a chance to have a really good look at it until now!

I'm looking forward to going to a few drive days in the Melb area.

Cheers

Default Peugeot service

Had my 406sv's cambelt and 90,000 service done at Spencer St Automobiles, only cost me $680.00 the lot. Highly recommended.
    Good service, good work and nice coffee.

Out east, I'd suggest Paul at AutoParis in Nth Box Hill; no so far out, try Universe Motors in Richmond; further out still, Alpine Affaire in Ringwood. Just make sure you get the tension roller replaced at the same time, otherwise you're likely to find the belt being replaced again at the next service, especially if you need to go back to a dealer service, eg, for diagnostics. Ask me how I know ...

(At least it ought to be good now to 180K, rather than 160 ...)
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY10 Sportium HDi6 and 1.6L auto
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ére grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

QUICK! MORE BREAD, MORE CIRCUSES!!

I've called a few places and been quoted between $600 and $1000 for the cam belt..... I've been told that an upgrade is need on the 2000 206Gti on the tensioner as it can fail...
    Kermit's cambelt change was done at the 90k service. Total cost was $521. Belt was $152. Total labour was 4.5hrs at $65/hr + GST. Neither the tensioner or the water pump need changing, but you can make up your own mind if you would like to give the dealer more money than necessary.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

guys....

got the cam belt done at Spencer St Automobiles, the guys down there did a great job and were very professional. Highly recommended and saved me lots of $$$

Looking forward to drive on Sunday

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by DRD180
    I would hate to see anyone have to go to court for bagging out on any one dealer
    Just like to clarify, from a legal point of view they would not have any basis for taking someone to court for that person's public complaining. Where the line becomes hazy is when that person accuses the dealership of intentional malpractice, which can then constitute libel. For example, if one publicly accuses the service centre for purposely ruining a component for the purpose of making money from it having to be fixed. Even then, the accuser would have to state it quite explicity. Saying something like eg. "It's funny how more things always go wrong after I give it for a service with dealer xyz" does not constitute libel.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

FWIW, threats of libel usually always eminate from somebody with a guilty conscience.
    We used to have a Parliament full of them up here, all honest people with nothing to hide.
    Then along came Tony Fitzgerald Q.C. and put a few of them in jail.
    Amazing how they don't threaten that kind of crap anymore isn't it?

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

guys....

got the cam belt done at Spencer St Automobiles, the guys down there did a great job and were very professional. Highly recommended and saved me lots of $$$
    What did it actually cost? Have you got an itemised invoice? Can post the breakdown here?
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Servicing problems and customer care are the reasons why I didn’t buy another Pug. It always seemed to be a struggle to get things replaced under warranty with the old line ‘we’ll call you when the part comes in’, only to have to report the problem at the next service … until I called them and hassled.

Our biggest problem was when we needed the gearbox of our 306 replaced under the extended warranty, only to find out that the dealer had forgotten to register the warranty with the warranty provider. We then had to produce the warranty documentation, which is fair enough, but also the receipt, credit card docket and credit card statement to prove that we had actually legitimately purchased and paid for the warranty (NB the invoice was from the dealer in the first place), we couldn’t help feeling that we were being accused of fraud.

Despite their stuff up and delays already experienced getting the documentation, the dealer still refused do any work on the car, or even order the parts, until the warranty provider confirmed that they would cover the cost. So it took almost a month to get the car fixed, during which time we only had sporadic access to 307 loan cars when they were available, and were told that, eventhough the 406 loaner was available, as we weren’t 607 owners we couldn’t use it. The car had to be returned several more times before they finally managed to get everything working properly.

The only apology that we received was after we wrote complaining about our treatment, and the apology was a fob off anyway. Shame really, I was ready to buy a 406 Coupe at the time too.

Just after that I had the 60k service done, picked the car up on Tuesday afternoon, and was back Thursday morning with grinding front brakes and nothing left on the pads.

Needless to say that I don’t use the Authorised dealer in Brisbane any more.

NB: For legal purposes … this is all statement of fact !!!!
    Last edited by Pugaholic; 11th March 2005 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugaholic
    Servicing problems and customer care are the reasons why I didn’t buy another Pug.

Needless to say that I don’t use the Authorised dealer in Brisbane any more.
    I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience with City Pug. They are one dealer that just don't care about customer service. Maybe now that Eggers (Astral) have bought them things might improve. Then again the addition of another dealer - Zupps Mt Gravatt is what I've been told - will change the face of Pug in Brissy. It was better in the Maxim days I believe.

We got Kermit from Classics @ Toowomba, but they have resigned their Pug franchise (Blue Box only one of the reasons). Cullens at Nambour are good also. Kermit gets serviced @ Coles in Lismore and I recommend them to anyone (2nd oldest pug dealer in OZ).
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    you can make up your own mind if you would like to give the
    dealer more money than necessary.
    gutsy ... you mean "than seems necessary to you in your opinion at that time", I'm sure.
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY10 Sportium HDi6 and 1.6L auto
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ére grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

QUICK! MORE BREAD, MORE CIRCUSES!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr bern
    gutsy ... you mean "than seems necessary to you in your opinion at that time", I'm sure.
    Sure do BB
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au